Author Topic: Stick Coils Arcing  (Read 6288 times)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: Stick Coils Arcing
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 04:33:13 pm »
I got another set of stick coils and installed them today.  The bike fired right up and ran fine.  Side by side, the old sticks and new sticks are identical, so I have no clue why the first set was arcing.  Thanks for the help guys, especially, Tony.

If you care to burn the postage send them to me as I'd love to test them out to see if I can ascertain why the issue....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010
Ask me about a set of Stick Coils & Harness or Precision Shift Linkage for your C10 Concours

Offline billhook

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 06:06:05 pm »
If you care to burn the postage send them to me as I'd love to test them out to see if I can ascertain why the issue....

Send me a PM with your address.

Offline billhook

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 07:43:38 pm »
Problem solved! Apparently, I hadn't pushed them all the way down on the plugs. I wanted to test each one before sending them off to Tony, on cylinder 4 (easiest to get to) with the other 3 using the set of working sticks.  I noticed that it took a lot of effort, and I mean A LOT compared to the other coils, to get the coil fully seated.  All 4 took quite a bit of effort to seat.  Got all 4 of the "arcing" coils seated and no more arcing. I then swapped the valve cover seals over to the original coils and got it all buttoned up.  Thanks to everyone for their help.