Author Topic: Stock Gen 1/Gen 2 Windshield Group buy  (Read 17633 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Stock Gen 1/Gen 2 Windshield Group buy
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 12:50:30 pm »
I put my new Gen 2 shield on this morning and rode into work, it was 27f. Since I'm 5'5" I only had to raise the shield up an inch or two and it did a fine job of getting me out of the wind. 

:thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »
I put my new Gen 2 shield on this morning and rode into work, it was 27f. Since I'm 5'5" I only had to raise the shield up an inch or two and it did a fine job of getting me out of the wind. 

You either have a really short torso or you are not using handlebar risers, or both.  I am 5'7" (short legs, long torso) WITH handlebar risers, and I have to raise the gen 2 shield on a gen 2 bike up almost all the way and still have air hitting my chin and neck.  If I put it up the last inch or so, it creates too much negative pressure on my back and more air on the back of my neck.  It is obvious I need a different shield for winter.... still mulling over that.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 04:38:17 pm »
Mine arrived yesterday.  Opened today and it looks to be just fine.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 05:19:56 am »
You either have a really short torso or you are not using handlebar risers, or both.  I am 5'7" (short legs, long torso) WITH handlebar risers, and I have to raise the gen 2 shield on a gen 2 bike up almost all the way and still have air hitting my chin and neck.  If I put it up the last inch or so, it creates too much negative pressure on my back and more air on the back of my neck.  It is obvious I need a different shield for winter.... still mulling over that.

You're right Max. Although I'm 5'5" I have a 30" inseam and I don't use risers. Don't need em, not prudent at this time.

Raising this shield just 2" is enough to get most of the wind off of me. I get the same negative pressure on my back and neck if I raise it all the way up or nearly so.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 07:04:10 am »
You're right Max. Although I'm 5'5" I have a 30" inseam and I don't use risers. Don't need em, not prudent at this time.

OK, some quick math and that means I sit 5" taller than you, before adding the risers and probably 7" with the risers.  So yeah, I bet you get the coverage you need, because it is like having a windshield 7" taller than mine!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 07:05:46 am »
OK, some quick math and that means I sit 5" taller than you, before adding the risers and probably 7" with the risers.  So yeah, I bet you get the coverage you need, because it is like having a windshield 7" taller than mine!!
So, are you sitting on these risers to make you taller?
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 07:26:11 am »
So, are you sitting on these risers to make you taller?

The risers change the driver's sitting angle.  The higher the handlebars, the higher you sit.  My above number was just a guess though, since it is actually a triangle and that would require geometry and it is WAY too early in the morning for that.

I did use geometry last week at work on one of those "guess how many X is in the jar" things.  I won!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 06:52:42 am »
The risers change the driver's sitting angle.  The higher the handlebars, the higher you sit.  My above number was just a guess though, since it is actually a triangle and that would require geometry and it is WAY too early in the morning for that.

I did use geometry last week at work on one of those "guess how many X is in the jar" things.  I won!

What was your prize?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 08:45:10 am »
What was your prize?

Thank god it was not the jar of "gummy bacteria".  It was a $10 gift card to Subway.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 08:48:49 am »
Thank god it was not the jar of "gummy bacteria".  It was a $10 gift card to Subway.

Hey, there is a free lunch!

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 10:55:55 am »
Shield received.

I never did get an email confirmation, but it showed up 3 days after I ordered (and 2 of those were the weekend, and the 3rd was a national holiday), so I can't complain.

Thanks KAS.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Kas

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:50 pm »
We still have several new Gen II Windshields available along with many new 2010+ seats.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 01:06:15 pm »
C, is this buy over with essentially?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »
C, is this buy over with essentially?

I'd say so, Jim. I don't know it they still have stock on these shields or not.

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2014, 04:48:44 am »
just got my 10+ shield in the mail yesterday. think there is still stock available in shields and seats.