Author Topic: Stock Gen 1/Gen 2 Windshield Group buy  (Read 26545 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Stock Gen 1/Gen 2 Windshield Group buy
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
I just phoned in my order for (1) Gen 11 shield.

Me too
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 10:14:40 PM »
Just ordered my Gen II shield. These guys are really interesting, and I got the scoop on why the CHIPS and LA police stopped ordering C-14's from them. Not the widely circulated story of a weak regulator or alternator wiring harness, but one of troubles with a business partner, which I can personally relate to.

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
We have taken orders for nine windshields out of 12 (maybe 14).  If you haven't called and placed your order yet, please do so. 

Thanks

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »
My 'new' shield was delivered yesterday in perfect condition.  :)

I didn't realize that the Gen 2 shields were made out of thicker material than the smaller Gen 1 shields. Nice!    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
My 2 Gen II shields showed up today in perfect condition.  8)

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
I ordered mine on Monday. should be here by next monday if my tracking info is right.

HE was out of Gen I so I had to do 2 Gen II . Weird.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
HE was out of Gen I so I had to do 2 Gen II . Weird.

I'm not understanding the "Weird" comment. Could you explain? Do you mean the shortage of Gen I shields?
If so, then: They are not you average parts reseller, they convert stock bikes to Police bikes. They put V Streams or other shields
on the Police bikes and are selling us the new original take offs. New orders for police bikes are going to be Gen IIs thus more Gen IIs available...or have I
misinterpreted the "Weird".  ???

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 03:56:36 PM »
Just thought it was odd that we had the numbers and wants on the page but when I called they were out. Must have been more folks wanting Gen I than spoke up or someone from outside the forum needed a Gen I replacement. I kind of wanted the different sizes to compare and choose from depending on the weather.  Based on the original post I responded to I thought I would grab one of each. Not a problem.  Happy to have a couple of extras to experiment with.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline texrider

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »
I'd wanted one of each, but could only order the gen 2. Randy at KAS told me that some of the gen 1 shields they had showed damage and could not be sold.
2014 Valkyrie

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »
Gen 2 ordered.

I'd wanted one of each, but could only order the gen 2. Randy at KAS told me that some of the gen 1 shields they had showed damage and could not be sold.

Randy said the Gen 1s were showing signs of rubbing in the box during shipment. I supposed if you planned on cutting down or painting, those could still be an option for you. Maybe you could even talk a few bucks off the price (tho at $50, these are already a great deal).
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »
I put my new Gen 2 shield on this morning and rode into work, it was 27f. Since I'm 5'5" I only had to raise the shield up an inch or two and it did a fine job of getting me out of the wind. 

:thumbs:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 04:07:07 PM »
I put my new Gen 2 shield on this morning and rode into work, it was 27f. Since I'm 5'5" I only had to raise the shield up an inch or two and it did a fine job of getting me out of the wind. 

You either have a really short torso or you are not using handlebar risers, or both.  I am 5'7" (short legs, long torso) WITH handlebar risers, and I have to raise the gen 2 shield on a gen 2 bike up almost all the way and still have air hitting my chin and neck.  If I put it up the last inch or so, it creates too much negative pressure on my back and more air on the back of my neck.  It is obvious I need a different shield for winter.... still mulling over that.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday.  Opened today and it looks to be just fine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 05:19:56 AM »
You either have a really short torso or you are not using handlebar risers, or both.  I am 5'7" (short legs, long torso) WITH handlebar risers, and I have to raise the gen 2 shield on a gen 2 bike up almost all the way and still have air hitting my chin and neck.  If I put it up the last inch or so, it creates too much negative pressure on my back and more air on the back of my neck.  It is obvious I need a different shield for winter.... still mulling over that.

You're right Max. Although I'm 5'5" I have a 30" inseam and I don't use risers. Don't need em, not prudent at this time.

Raising this shield just 2" is enough to get most of the wind off of me. I get the same negative pressure on my back and neck if I raise it all the way up or nearly so.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 07:04:10 AM »
You're right Max. Although I'm 5'5" I have a 30" inseam and I don't use risers. Don't need em, not prudent at this time.

OK, some quick math and that means I sit 5" taller than you, before adding the risers and probably 7" with the risers.  So yeah, I bet you get the coverage you need, because it is like having a windshield 7" taller than mine!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 07:05:46 AM »
OK, some quick math and that means I sit 5" taller than you, before adding the risers and probably 7" with the risers.  So yeah, I bet you get the coverage you need, because it is like having a windshield 7" taller than mine!!
So, are you sitting on these risers to make you taller?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 07:26:11 AM »
So, are you sitting on these risers to make you taller?

The risers change the driver's sitting angle.  The higher the handlebars, the higher you sit.  My above number was just a guess though, since it is actually a triangle and that would require geometry and it is WAY too early in the morning for that.

I did use geometry last week at work on one of those "guess how many X is in the jar" things.  I won!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »
The risers change the driver's sitting angle.  The higher the handlebars, the higher you sit.  My above number was just a guess though, since it is actually a triangle and that would require geometry and it is WAY too early in the morning for that.

I did use geometry last week at work on one of those "guess how many X is in the jar" things.  I won!

What was your prize?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 08:45:10 AM »
What was your prize?

Thank god it was not the jar of "gummy bacteria".  It was a $10 gift card to Subway.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 08:48:49 AM »
Thank god it was not the jar of "gummy bacteria".  It was a $10 gift card to Subway.

Hey, there is a free lunch!