Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 406024 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #2055 on: September 06, 2020, 07:45:53 pm »
Well I guess we know who the person is who liked the idea.  ;D  You must make small, confined messes. Me, I kinda' likes the whole square of paper towel but hey, it looks like things are going to go your way on this issue.

As to the size or import of the problem, as my son says 'Nice to have first- world problems'; we (OK, I) can complain about the size of the paper I use to clean up while some others worry about having enough to make a mess in the first place. So yeah, the size of the problem is relative to be sure.

Brian

It was the best thing ever.  They were never square, but more like a long rectangle, and most of the time it was a huge waste because I don't need that much.  And I would have to manually rip it in half and store the other half.  Now I can get a much better match to the size I need, more easily.  If I really need something larger, I just tear it at 2 units, or even 3.

Maybe.  But you will have to pick something that is actually a problem, first :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2056 on: September 06, 2020, 09:20:58 pm »
Well I guess we know who the person is who liked the idea.  ;D  You must make small, confined messes.

I am just a penny-pincher.  It is actually pretty amazing how few paper towels I use.  I am amazed when I see people buying them in droves.  One "Costco" brick of paper towels will last me for maybe a year and a half.

Me, I kinda' likes the whole square of paper towel but hey, it looks like things are going to go your way on this issue.

Which is pretty rare.  It seems like whatever I want/like/need the market usually moves in some other direction.

As to the size or import of the problem, as my son says 'Nice to have first- world problems'

Oh yes, the perf size of paper towels is certainly a "first-world problem" if ever I heard of one :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2057 on: September 07, 2020, 07:38:43 am »
Which is why I went on a rant about it.... things are really pretty good here (in my world, the part of the planet that I actually participate with), well OK they are great and so I had to pick this thing out that annoyed me. But in all seriousness, we, meaning most of the first- world, actually have things fantastically well. Imagine, one of our 'big' problems is obesity! Just a few generations ago most of us were more worried about starving, and some in the world remain in that mode. So most of us are like the little kid throwing a tantrum over nothing, relatively speaking.

But I really do hate those damn over- perforated paper towels.  :rotflmao:

Brian

Oh yes, the perf size of paper towels is certainly a "first-world problem" if ever I heard of one :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2058 on: September 07, 2020, 10:32:51 am »
Those are the only paper towels we buy, the ones cut in half.  Saves us money as 9 times out of 10 we don't need a whole towel.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2059 on: October 04, 2020, 12:37:44 pm »
New neighbors.    They excel at being loud.    They have modified exhausts on their cars, truck and motorcycles.   :thumbdown
Crazy, no.  Annoying as hell, yes.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2060 on: October 04, 2020, 01:08:14 pm »
New neighbors.    They excel at being loud.    They have modified exhausts on their cars, truck and motorcycles.   :thumbdown Annoying as hell.

Sorry, I know exactly how it is.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc