Author Topic: Corona virus.... the gift that keeps on giving  (Read 1413 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Corona virus.... the gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #75 on: Today at 02:39:44 pm »
Yep, the wiping down of purchased materials, as well as wiping off everything (such as can be done) before touching it all adds together and decreases the odds yet more that you will be infected.

Just talked to my son and granddaughter (such as one 'talks' with a toddler) and they are on the far other side of this behavior, much less serious about COVID than even I am. They let the child run around, touching anyone / anything and everyone finds it cute apparently (hey, she IS adorable.... seriously). Personally, I do not agree with this behavior but my son and DIL are in their 30's and I cannot do anything about their behavior or attitude toward this situation. I have made suggestions but they fall on deaf ears. Such is the nature of a free society. ?? ??

Brian

t my alarm and got up early to shop our local markets senior hour 7-8. They would only let in 25 at a time.  The market had hand washing stations out side and a antibact wipes dispensor inside. I arrived at 7:05 and was number 28. Got in and grabbed a wad of wipes to use to handle everything. Got my stuff home and proceeded to unpack the goods wiping everything down with Lysol spray.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: Today at 02:54:44 pm »
Quite a few reports of New Yorkers leaving New York and possibly taking Covid-19 with them.  The only way to contain this is to do what the Chinese did and shut the cities off.  They'll be more hot spots developing for sure now.  Saw a FL licensed vehicle across the street and I know damn well it wasn't there a few days ago.  It's either coming back from NY or escaping FL. 

Those are known as HALF BACKS....
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #77 on: Today at 03:06:24 pm »
It is not legal for the fed. gummit to shut down 'travel', and I do not believe we will see anything like that on the federal level. If we do, it will be followed by lawsuits and end up in the Supreme Court. Travel is a constitutional right and as such, is extremely touchy to try and control or stop.

We may see some quarantining on a state level though that is not legal either (same reason). That said, we have seen it before during the more extreme over- reactions to the Ebola "outbreak" that happen a few years back. The governor of NJ tried to prevent the travel of a disease- free citizen but was so clumsy about it that she simply drove out of NJ and back to ME. And as we know now, there were exactly zero deaths from Ebola transmitted to someone while in the US. As they say, nothing exceeds like excess :-)

Just to be clear, COVID is very, very different than Ebola; COVID is fairly easy to spread but has a relatively low mortality rate. Ebola is much less easily transferred but has an astonishingly high mortality rate. The same behavior / attitudes cannot be used for those two different viruses, or at least certainly should not be used interchangeably.

Brian

Quite a few reports of New Yorkers leaving New York and possibly taking Covid-19 with them.  The only way to contain this is to do what the Chinese did and shut the cities off.  They'll be more hot spots developing for sure now.  Saw a FL licensed vehicle across the street and I know damn well it wasn't there a few days ago.  It's either coming back from NY or escaping FL. 

I really don't blame these people for leaving but it's going to make this last a lot longer than Easter.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com