Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 224422 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1290 on: May 20, 2019, 08:23:56 pm »
Agree completely! It's like they got tired and just ended it as quickly as they could.

That's exactly what I thought...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1291 on: May 21, 2019, 12:09:07 pm »
Season finale of Killing Eve is Sunday!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1292 on: May 21, 2019, 03:05:09 pm »

That's exactly what I thought...
Must have learned that from that asshole Martin.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1293 on: May 23, 2019, 01:47:14 pm »
Sigh...since then, Chernobyl, Vera, Discovery of Witches, Killing Eve, Boston Legal, Prometheus...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1294 on: May 23, 2019, 03:00:13 pm »
Dead To Me on Netflix.
Fun at times, really heavy the next.
Not the best TV, but 30 minute episodes that are entertaining.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1295 on: May 23, 2019, 03:13:48 pm »
Somehow that show has left its original concept and even its own 'outline' IMO. It started out fantastic- who does not like watching a real psychopath (as in reality or a very realistic performance)? In fact, the first episode with the psychopath and the little girl in the ice cream shop was outstanding IMO. The first season was also great. But it kinda' lost its way in season 2 for me- than antagonist and protagonist are not usually 'pals' or even work associates.

On the plus side, Black Mirror is going to arrive with <apparently> three new episodes in June '19, and going by history, at least one (and maybe more) will be great.

Westworld is coming back in '20 too and that still has a shot at being a good show though it seemed to be leaning the other way in the second season. Still, the special effects and overall execution were really pretty good for TV IMO. Then again, the first season did have Anthony Hopkins and I think he could make a chimney fire interesting and worth watching...... :-)

Brian

Season finale of Killing Eve is Sunday!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1296 on: May 23, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »
Finished up Lucifer (man what a silly yet great series) and terminated Netflex Streaming.  For now, anyway.  I am glad Netflix Streaming decided to continue it (amidst so much mediocre other stuff they seem to have).

On the plus side, Black Mirror is going to arrive with <apparently> three new episodes in June '19, and going by history, at least one (and maybe more) will be great.

I really liked that show and was very disappointed by the time and money wasted on that last "choose your ending" thing they put out.  I had been wanting more for a long time... what a major let-down.

Westworld is coming back in '20 too and that still has a shot at being a good show though it seemed to be leaning the other way in the second season. Still, the special effects and overall execution were really pretty good for TV IMO. Then again, the first season did have Anthony Hopkins and I think he could make a chimney fire interesting and worth watching...... :-)

Really loved the first season.  The second wasn't as good.  But I would watch more.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1297 on: May 24, 2019, 06:06:06 am »
Lucifer is on Netflix??

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1298 on: May 24, 2019, 08:27:47 am »
Lucifer is on Netflix??

Yes.  The excellent Fox show was cancelled after 3 seasons and the fan noise was so extreme that Netflix picked it up and put out a 4th season. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1299 on: May 24, 2019, 02:53:47 pm »
I dropped HBO but I could pick up Netflix long enough to watch season 4.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1300 on: May 24, 2019, 05:16:00 pm »
I dropped HBO but I could pick up Netflix long enough to watch season 4.

It was pretty good.  If you also want to see Black Mirror 5 and  tranger Things 3, you might want to delay a month or two and enjoy all 3 for a single month price.  I will resume probably when ST3 comes out.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1301 on: June 04, 2019, 06:51:00 am »
Flippin through the channels looking for something to watch last night. Came across the 'new' Halloween movie on Netflix. I've never been a fan of this series but my wife wanted to see it and IMDB gave it a 6.7 so why not?

WTF?  :o

This was one of the stupidest movies that I have EVER seen! I'm serious! This movie had even more plot holes than did A Quiet Place.

What a POS!!!

Warning, spoiler ahead. (as if this 'movie' could be spoiled)

Why did she burn down her ENTIRE house in order to kill Michael? He was hopelessly trapped in her basement and she could have easily shot him through the bars of the basement door.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1302 on: June 04, 2019, 08:13:16 am »
It's only a movie, C.  You could have switched out to something else you know.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1303 on: June 05, 2019, 06:54:10 am »
It's only a movie, C.  You could have switched out to something else you know.

Did you forget the part where my wife wanted to watch that movie?  :o

True, I could have left the room and in retrospect, I wish that I had.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1304 on: June 05, 2019, 07:13:59 am »
Yeah, as I get older I find myself more and more annoyed by 'bad' video no matter if it is a movie, a documentary, TV shows / series, etc.. In the olden' days, we would always watch a movie that we, say, rented and then call it awful. Now I shut things down once they have proven to be awful and go do / watch something else.

The thing that makes it really lousy, at least for me, is that there really are great things out there to watch so there is a constant thought (hope?) that whatever I am watching will turn around and get better, or at least tolerable. So there is always the desire to hang in and watch something, especially if it has great reviews or is thought of as a great movie, classic or similar.

Lately I find myself watching some really old films because they are often highly rated and hey, they cannot be worse than most of the other, modern things available anyway. The most recent was Double Indemnity; dated of course but not a terrible film. Certainly better than a lot of current movies and of course a classic so I can cross that one off my list. :-)

Brian

Did you forget the part where my wife wanted to watch that movie?  :o

True, I could have left the room and in retrospect, I wish that I had.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com