Author Topic: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders  (Read 32200 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 04:55:43 am »
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 05:43:17 am »
That may be so, but it's registered as a 2007 model, not a 2008!!

That is a quirk of your country.  They can call it anything they want, but it is a 2008 model.  Of course, I always thought the practice of releasing model years earlier and earlier and earlier was stupid and should be stopped.  Kinda like the Christmas "season" starting weeks and weeks earlier and earlier each decade.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline jonathan

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 09:13:42 am »
I can see myself hitting my shin on those.

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 12:29:11 am »
That is a quirk of your country.  They can call it anything they want, but it is a 2008 model.  Of course, I always thought the practice of releasing model years earlier and earlier and earlier was stupid and should be stopped.  Kinda like the Christmas "season" starting weeks and weeks earlier and earlier each decade.

Totally true that, my mate thought about trading his connie in on a new 2013 model, and just because it's registered as a 2007 model and not a 2008, the stealership wanted to knock off quite a substancial amount off....swines!! >:(  I agree, that practice should be stopped, but it wont unfortunately!

Offline Boomer

• Boomer dwarfing "Vivian" my 2007 1400GTR
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 05:04:15 am »
Mine is a 2007.
The UK license plates (tags) have the year on them and mine is an 07.
Bought new on Aug 5 2007 and yes Kawasaki call it a 2008 model even if it was available in the USA & Europe late July 2007 and earlier in Japan.
I call mine a 2007 coz it riles certain people  ;D 8) and since I never plan on selling it who cares what the "value" is.

As for the frame sliders, all except the Kawasaki/TopBlock ones are fugly, and those are over-priced.
If you like them, good for you. Just let me know if yer planning on riding over here with them and I'll close my eyes. <LOL>
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 05:20:02 am »
Excellent....always good to piss off the locals, Boomer.  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2014, 05:21:44 am »
As for the frame sliders, all except the Kawasaki/TopBlock ones are fugly, and those are over-priced.  If you like them, good for you. Just let me know if yer planning on riding over here with them and I'll close my eyes. <LOL>

We will make sure to close OUR eyes to avoid looking at YOUR bike after you drop it :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2014, 11:22:38 pm »
We will make sure to close OUR eyes to avoid looking at YOUR bike after you drop it :)

;D ;D

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2014, 03:30:31 pm »
think im going to pass on these because I too think they will be in the way of my leg while useing my forward pegs

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 04:02:18 pm »
At least you are thinking ahead...and not invoking the law of unintended consequences.  We see that quite often here.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 05:09:28 pm »
Well, guess I'll find out soon if these are good or not.
Set I ordered are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Price for the set was decent, and should work fine with my AST touring pegs.

Hopefully, won't ever have to put their strength to the test...
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 01:30:58 pm »
Well, guess I'll find out soon if these are good or not.
Set I ordered are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Price for the set was decent, and should work fine with my AST touring pegs.

Hopefully, won't ever have to put their strength to the test...

this is what i was concerned with. could you get me a picture of you sitting on the bike with  your feet on the touring pegs after you intstall these?

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »
this is what i was concerned with. could you get me a picture of you sitting on the bike with  your feet on the touring pegs after you intstall these?

Sure thing. Will do.

They were supposed to have arrived today, but no show. No the expected delivery day has changed to "N/A".
There's been no update from Fedex since origination notice Monday morning.
So, I called Fedex, they said they haven't ever received them!
Sent a message to TRex asking why they haven't sent them yet...

They're coming from Dallas, so it's only about a 45 minute flight to Tulsa.

Oh well.........

Just tired of starring at the 4 walls and snow.

2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 11:45:35 am »
Update- Friday Feb 7th...

Today's finally supposed to be delivery day.

Only a few more hours................... ::)

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 09:59:20 pm »
Ok, good news! The kit did arrive Friday.
Here's what I received...

The engine guard block pieces look pretty beefy, and are solid pieces.

While reading the instructions, I read this line that said "made in USA".
Then I found this sticker on the bubble wrapped parts...

The bag guard sliders look pretty good, too.

Then I realized they forgot to ship my front fork sliders!
So, after a call to TRex Racing, spoke with a guy named Oscar... He personally apologized for the oversight and rushed to the post office to mail the slider kit. Should be here tomorrow.
I asked him about the apparent contradiction about where it's made.
Seems most of it is made in Dallas, but some is made in Vietnam...? Hmmmnnn...

I also made him aware that they have the years all wrong on their site... I think he got it straight, finally, and said they'd make the correction.

That's all for now... More pics will be posted soon. Looks like the weather's finally going to warm up here by mid week, and next weekend's supposed to be in the mid 60's!
Gonna try to get the kit installed by then.
Bob