Author Topic: Opinions please  (Read 7972 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: Opinions please
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 05:15:57 pm »
Of course not. Why would anybody want that?

so you can put the bike cover on it without stressing the extended windshield.  Because I only put it up if it is raining or a cold wind is hitting my neck.  Because an extended windshield makes the bike look dorky and I don't want to walk out to a dorky looking bike.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 05:24:36 pm »
 :yikes: Not the dreaded dorky bike syndrome.... :rotflmao:
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »
so you can put the bike cover on it without stressing the extended windshield.  Because I only put it up if it is raining or a cold wind is hitting my neck.  Because an extended windshield makes the bike look dorky and I don't want to walk out to a dorky looking bike.

+1 :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline theAmazingKickstand

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 06:53:46 pm »
Remember when the 08's came out?  The sun was being magnified through the screen and melting/striping the cluster.  I've got a bit of a mark on mine that I attribute to the screen.  I think the recommendation (somewhere?) was to retract the screen when it was parked.  I don't remember to do that 3/4s of the time.  Quite frankly, I'm lucky to even find my bike again after I park it.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out how the previous owner managed to slightly melt the speedo needle!!!!
I guess I'll keep the auto down function.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 07:15:35 pm »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 02:05:44 am »
Then it doesn't go down automatically on ignition turn off, now does it?  :)

Plus, the Generation 2 makes fantastic pancakes, saves the polar bears and reduces the deficit in the health system  ::)
So many, many, many, many advantages of this completely new generation. Life shattering, me says. Come to think of it, I'll get rid of that vintage D600 and get the all new D610 Nikon just brought out. Now THAT will improve my pictures.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.