Author Topic: What the heck is FI all about  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
What the heck is FI all about
« on: June 11, 2011, 11:09:46 PM »
Today I was flashed with a giant FI on my display, it was there for only a couple of seconds...does this mean Fried Innards...am I totally screwed or what?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:15:09 PM by Jaxter »
I've Never Had A Better Day

Bob

Re: I never thought it would happen to me...but
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 03:32:24 AM »
No. A lot of the 2010-11 bikes have had the "FI" flash on now and then with no problems. It's probably just a glitch in the bike that isn't bad enough for Kawasaki to correct!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: I never thought it would happen to me...but
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:12:51 AM »
Today I was flashed with a giant FI on my display, it was there for only a couple of seconds...does this mean Fried Innards...am I totally screwed or what?

This thread is unnecessary.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=336

(Yes, as is not uncommon for this forum, the subject of the thread sucks, just like this one.  Descriptive subjects are helpful.)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline booger

Re: What the heck is FI all about
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »
If my bike was flashing FI this thread would be very important. ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
If my bike was flashing FI this thread would be very important. ;D

My point was that there are plenty of existing threads on various topics without the need to create new ones.  But hey, at least he changed the subject of the thread to something informative, so I will be happy with that :)

Guess I will now go read the thread called "Confused"... another winner of a subject title...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
My point was that there are plenty of existing threads on various topics without the need to create new ones.  But hey, at least he changed the subject of the thread to something informative, so I will be happy with that :)

Guess I will now go read the thread called "Confused"... another winner of a subject title...
Maxtog make a great point. Some and perhaps lots of the veteran members here don't take time to read a post with a subject line that does not specify, at least vaguely, what it is about.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 05:08:08 AM »
+1  A descriptive subject line is of immense help for the OP in getting support, getting a point across, or generating a curiosity factor.  It also wouldn't hurt to do a minimal search on a subject as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 05:56:46 AM »
+1  A descriptive subject line is of immense help for the OP in getting support, getting a point across, or generating a curiosity factor. 

If I were a moderator, I would change non-descriptive subjects ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 06:20:25 AM »
Sometimes I do....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 08:33:20 AM »
Well guess what happened to me yesterday on a long hot ride?  Yep, the red light and "FI" flashed momentarily.  Recalled this very thread and didn't think anymore of it.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »
20,000 miles on my '10, and only had Girls flash me. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline mkorn

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 05:26:31 AM »

That is the kind of flashing i like to see!  ;D
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »

:thumbs: