Author Topic: Sportscreen!!  (Read 21736 times)

Offline SuazoC14

Sportscreen!!
« on: February 07, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »

Offline MrPepsi

Re: Sportscreen!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
www.copperdawg.com
Not bad but quite expensive compared to a normal screen.
But it really is more than that.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »
Excellent video except they mispronounce the name "Concours" in the video over and over (yeesh).

It looks amazing.  But $440 for a short screen is a lot of dollars!  (Even if it does include factory matched painted

I am unclear:

* How it mounts- it looks like it requires additional nuts or something beyond just what you use to hold a normal screen.

* If it would work with a windshield extension (MRA X-Creen clamp on) for more options

* If it has been tested with risers (which changes position of rider considerably)

* The nose is separate and applied with tape???  Blech.  That makes it incompatible with putting back on a standard shield for cold weather.

Lots of questions... lots of fascination.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »
A little more info....
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,49096.0.html

Thanks.
Oh!  So OUR forum is just an afterthought or a side thought or a no thought!!!!

Anyway, this: "No. The nose cone can stay on and allow you to use a different screen and also, since it is attached using two sided VHB Tape can be removed and replaced very simply."  I would not consider VHB tape to be a simple on-off affair.  It will leave residue and be a mess/etc.   With the photo on that thread, I can now see it will not interfere with the stock screen physically.... but it might mess with the airflow (and look strange).  Makes me wonder what THEIR screen looks like without the nose thing.

There is also this:  "an 08 that had 2 inch risers (don't remember the brand) but I wanted to see if the screen worked with the risers and how it looked. The screen worked with the risers and needed only a slight adjustment of the rotation of clutch mount to clear at full stop. "  Sounds a bit scary.

Great photos on the OTHER forum, including some measurements. 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
Now I will post THEIR photos here for us.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
more...

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 05:20:25 PM »
Not sure why they felt the need to involve additional plastic (bodywork) instead of just making the screen shaped like that. Made it pretty expensive for no good reason, IMO.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
I like it, but I might as well buy a Ninja 1000 instead of trying to make the Concours look more sport bike like.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:17:23 PM »

Now I will post THEIR photos here for us.

more...

You do realize that all the pics are shown on his website right...  :nuts:

http://www.copperdawg.com/c14gallery.htm

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:52:17 PM »
2 things strike me, how would it look on a Gen1 bike and the stock trim piece seems to not fit quite right.  Just a tad too long for the shield.

Shame the rider in the pic is way out of position.  Ever the critic 8)

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »
2 things strike me, how would it look on a Gen1 bike and the stock trim piece seems to not fit quite right.  Just a tad too long for the shield.

Shame the rider in the pic is way out of position.  Ever the critic 8)

Looks like he pushes the bike down into the lean and rides on top of the bike in corners  :o Maybe he's just trying to scrub away his chicken strips and will resume better form as soon as they're gone. Pretty scary.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »

You do realize that all the pics are shown on his website right...  :nuts:

Actually no, I didn't see that page.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »
Not sure why they felt the need to involve additional plastic (bodywork) instead of just making the screen shaped like that. Made it pretty expensive for no good reason, IMO.

Well, they were trying to make a smaller screen, at a lower angle and give it some aggressive looks at the same time.  On that, I say it was a success.

I like it, but I might as well buy a Ninja 1000 instead of trying to make the Concours look more sport bike like.

There are a LOT of other reasons for wanting a Concours.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with sporting up a sport touring bike.  But to each his own.

Offline garfield1974

• Kawaski GTR 1400 2008
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »
It looks cool.  :)

However 430 $ + shipping + tax + custom's due would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much  :(

Offline Canada-Dan

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 01:40:56 AM »
I would never put the screen on my bike, but I think they were successful in their efforts. It does look pretty sporty.
This coming from a guy who's got a shield about as big as a Gold Wing ! Haha
Some times I think it may have been cheaper to just start with a Gold Wing and find a way of adding about 60 horse power and equip it with Ninja suspension.  Would 60 HP get the job done ?? Probably not

So tell me,,,I'm relatively new here. Why the animosity between the COG and here. I enjoy both
Dan

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 04:31:04 AM »

So tell me,,,I'm relatively new here. Why the animosity between the COG and here. I enjoy both
Dan
Long story short, it seems to have been a disagreement about intellectual property rights, a messy divorce and everbody involved wanting to take their ball and go home. Happened a couple of years ago and has moved into the realm of myth and legend. And a bit of a running joke now.

Offline Canada-Dan

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 04:35:02 AM »
Hahahaha clear as mud now.  Seems all the same guys are on both anyways
I've learned so much on both. I'll be doing the full membership this weekend. I think I owe more than the dues in free advice by now. It's the least I can do to give back a little bit
Wait. A sec...which one am I on now ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 06:27:17 AM »
snip...

Oh!  So OUR forum is just an afterthought or a side thought or a no thought!!!!

I like that shield but not for that price! I followed that thread over there and I even sent Copperdawg a PM (with link) last week suggesting that he should start a thread over here about his new Sportscreen. I got blown off it seems, I didn't even get the courtesy of a response...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 06:33:02 AM »

There are a LOT of other reasons for wanting a Concours.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with sporting up a sport touring bike.  But to each his own.

I was just kidding around.  I would not give up the drive shaft and go back to a chain for touring.  Love my Versys, but hate dealing with the chain at the end of a long day.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077