Author Topic: Between "Sargent Seat" and "Corbin"  (Read 4216 times)

Offline JhVenezuela

Between "Sargent Seat" and "Corbin"
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:53:56 AM »
I have been using my corbin seat for almost 4 years. and worked for me.
but at this time i and finding something more soft, specially for long trips.
i'm not sure if Sargent is a good option.

Anybody have been experience with both ?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Between "Sargent Seat" and "Corbin"
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »
I've had both, the sargent was fine for what it was and an improvement over the stock seat, but the corbin has the added benefit IMO of being able to use the passenger backrest without having a rear trunk mounted and also the use of the smuggler trunk when solo...

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »
I've also owned both. I returned the Sargent because it wasn't much of an improvement over the stock seat, also it left me sliding forward. The Cobrin was too hard and I couldn't move around on it, I kept sliding to the same spot which put pressure in the same spots on my butt, very painful after a few miles.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »
the corbin has the added benefit [...]  of the smuggler trunk when solo...

The Sargent also has a pod (trunk) option.  It is smaller, but functional (and less expensive)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
When I sat on a Bike with a Corbin, it felt like I was sitting on a cruiser.  The Sargent still feels like a sport bike seat and I have done thousands of miles on it.  If you liked the Corbin you might want to try Baldwin, or Russell Day Long
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline PH14

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
I have both. I preferred the Sargent initially, but after a while it broke down enough that I wanted something more firm. I got a Corbin. I love the workmanship of the Corbin, and the leather, but hate the position and contour. It is also a little too firm for me. If the contour was better, it would be fine.

I did many 1000 plus days on the Sargent with no issues. I could get off the bile and do it again the nest day, and often did. The Corbin makes sensitive areas hurt. I am going to send the Corbin in to be reshaped and will most likely have them replace the foam with their softer foam. The warranty the foam for life so they said they would replace it with the softer foam free of charge, only shipping. I believe I will then achieve seat nirvana.  ;)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 08:45:32 PM »
Had a Sargent and liked it OK, have a Corbin and I LOVE IT "on a V-Strom"!!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline concoursbdh

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 09:44:37 PM »
Have used both on a C14 and prefer the Sargent...  The smuggler is bigger and appears to be better built by a very small margin than the pod from sargent but the sargent seat is better in my opinion!  Shame you can't run the sargent seat and Corbin smuggler like I can on the current FJR I am riding!!