Author Topic: Corpssgt took a spill today  (Read 12758 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Corpssgt took a spill today
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 12:11:08 pm »
SNIP Typical Marine, always having a Soldier bail em out ;)  Chet

I'm just glad nobody was watching me when I was making sure Trey's back wasn't broken.  That would have looked weird coming up on the scene and seeing me check for a priapism.  But I knew that it was a possibility the way he landed.  I felt like I was back in the sandbox minus a firefight.  I knowTrey would have done the same for me too.  ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 12:18:15 pm »
Trey,

I know it's a lil early yet but when you get a chance, and feel up to it, can you tell us what gear you were wearing and how it performed in protecting you?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline koval68

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 01:31:04 pm »
It could have been a lot worse. Glad to hear you're doing better. Knee injuries are nasty (over 3 years, incl.hardware removal for me...), start on physio as soon as you can and stick with it. Without it, your range of motion will never be the same...

Typical Marine, always having a Soldier bail em out ;) 
Get well soon,
Chet
Yeah! One of my riding buddies from Olean,NY is a Marine.....I have to say, They're an outstanding bunch!   :thumbs:
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline NDCUNIONGUY

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 01:51:52 pm »
Sorry to hear about the incident, but quitting is never the way to go.  Aches and pains are just reminders of a life well lived.  Your next Connie needs a turbo... and crash bars.

Carry on.

Et al:  Marines may be outstanding, but we are most definitely gluttons for abuse.

Semper

Bob

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 03:59:26 pm »
Trey, your lucky and as said, it could have been worse. Locking the rear brake got me a titanium elbow a few years back. Get ABS on the next bike!  ;D

All kidding aside, it could have been much worse and you are lucky. Just heal up and make that your first priority. You health and family come first. Then find a way to talk your wife into a replacement bike!  8)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 04:18:00 pm »
God speed on your recovery Trey!

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 04:30:57 pm »
Get well soon!
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 05:02:19 pm »
That's sad.  Glad you are relatively ok.  Get well soon.
T.S.R.

Offline soonerone

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 06:15:45 pm »
Trey, as everyone else on here has stated, get well and heal up soon. 

"Sooner" Jim 

Offline Corpssgt

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 06:16:15 pm »
kinda funny the wife said i could get a new one in the same conversation as when i told her i crashed.  went to my doc today and he is more worried about the knee than shoulder.  go back monday to figure out whats next.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 06:20:01 pm »
kinda funny the wife said i could get a new one in the same conversation as when i told her i crashed.  went to my doc today and he is more worried about the knee than shoulder.  go back monday to figure out whats next.

Hopefully your doc has some good news for you tomorrow.  Enjoy your "lazy" time on the couch.  ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Bob

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 06:53:27 pm »

I think you should buy an 09. Then you can trade it in on a 2011. Then you can say you owned every year C14. Well at least until 2012!  :D

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 07:04:07 pm »

what doc are you seeing??

Offline booger

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 07:59:20 pm »
Wow.  Trey, I don't see anywhere in that ditch that would be comfortable to land :-\.

Hope you heal quickly.

YoDoc

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 08:57:03 pm »
I tore a large hamburger's worth of meat out of my left leg just above the knee last year. My doc was REAL concerned about that one. That one injury cost my insurance over 15k to fix, and it wasn't a lot bigger than a golf ball. Four months of healing enough to get a skin graft, and still healing from there....

Holes where they shouldn't be are kinda horrible.

You'll heal up good...   :P