Author Topic: SSD Performance Hand Guards  (Read 6955 times)

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
Re: SSD Performance Hand Guards
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »
Mine arrived today - pretty impressive turnaround / shipping time.  They feel well made, although I won't be installing them until this weekend with pics to follow of course!
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline Curt

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 09:56:14 am »
Sorry guys, got distracted for a few days. Yes, your mirrors will still fold. I doubt if they would interfere with ANY after-market windshield. Unfortunately, due to a shoulder injury, I have been unable to ride much to further test them but original test was positive.

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 04:08:04 pm »
I got mine installed today, but no riding yet.  My initial impression is good.  They are well made and installation was simple.  They come with spacers so they don't rest directly on your fairing and they work fine with my v-stream screen and I was also able to fold the mirrors in.  Hope to have a ride report tomorrow, but for now here are some pics:

Front view:

Rear view (sorry about the dark photo):

Mirror folded in view:
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 07:56:45 pm »
Also installed mine. Took about 10 minutes total. Can fold the mirrors in, but they rub the bottom of the 'guard' just a bit. Can't fold the mirrors back much, however, due to the bracket.

That being said, they work very well at deflecting the wind, and are well made. Did a couple rides the last 2 days, and with temps starting in the 30's (F) both days, no issues at all with keeping the hands warm with just my winter gloves.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 06:48:32 am »
Also installed mine. Took about 10 minutes total. Can fold the mirrors in, but they rub the bottom of the 'guard' just a bit. Can't fold the mirrors back much, however, due to the bracket.

That being said, they work very well at deflecting the wind, and are well made. Did a couple rides the last 2 days, and with temps starting in the 30's (F) both days, no issues at all with keeping the hands warm with just my winter gloves.

I don't know about this brand of deflectors but with the Motax deflectors you can loosen the two screws that hold the bracket to the bike and 'adjust' the position so that nothing touches or rubs.

Looks like some black fasteners might be in order for those things.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »
I don't know about this brand of deflectors but with the Motax deflectors you can loosen the two screws that hold the bracket to the bike and 'adjust' the position so that nothing touches or rubs.

Looks like some black fasteners might be in order for those things.

The only place mine rubbed was a small bit on the inside right where the mirror meets the bike.  Not enough to scratch the black and not enough to impede the full motion of the break-away for the mirror so I'm leaving it.  I also considered black fasteners and still might or I have some matte black touch up paint from an old bike I may try painting the bolts with.

I took the bike on a 20 mile ride today in about 40 degree weather and they worked great.  No more wind on my hands so they never felt cold with my basic gloves.  Definitely worth the purchase. 

Offline Marco1018

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »
The 2010+ version is out now on the ssd site