Author Topic: The TPS sensors can be R&R'd without taking the wheels off.  (Read 14004 times)

Offline 2wheeltripn

Re: The TPS sensors can be R&R'd without taking the wheels off.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 07:56:00 pm »
Brian

Thanks for the excellent write up and detailed photos. I used the exact same clamps and 2x4 blocks and your procedure worked perfectly. Was really glad to get the sensors out without taking the wheels to the dealer.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2015, 10:33:28 pm »
Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear it worked for you. We have been doing more and more of these on tech. day and it is a much faster process than pulling the wheel and tire off to get to the sensor. Plus I think a lot of people can do this job at home without a tire changer, a tire balancer or a lot of big tools to remove the axle and so forth.

Thanks for letting me know it was a benefit to you.

Brian

Brian

Thanks for the excellent write up and detailed photos. I used the exact same clamps and 2x4 blocks and your procedure worked perfectly. Was really glad to get the sensors out without taking the wheels to the dealer.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Concours144545

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 10:57:51 am »
Is it possible to replace them, by t just breaking the bead on the rims or do you need to take the wheel off.  I want to replace both the front and rear.  Thanks for the help.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 11:47:49 am »
Yes, it takes two wood clamps (cabinet clamps) and four small blocks of wood and is actually quite easy to do. I did a few just this last Saturday. I can do both sensors, from pulling the Schrader valve to re-inflating the tires and of course soldering new batteries into both sensors in an hour and 5 minutes. The first time you do it it may take longer though.  ;)

See this thread: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16850.msg207449#msg207449

Brian

Is it possible to replace them, by t just breaking the bead on the rims or do you need to take the wheel off.  I want to replace both the front and rear.  Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:57:02 pm by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Concours144545

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 11:51:47 am »
Yes, it takes two wood clamps (cabinet clamps) and four small blocks of wood and is actually quite easy to do. I did a few just this last Saturday. I can do both sensors, from pulling the Schrader valve to re-inflating the tires and of course soldering new batteries into both sensors in an hour and 5 minutes. The first time you do it it may take longer though.  ;)

See this thread: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16850.0

Brian

Thank you Brian I appreciate it.  Can you repost the pictures. I can't see them.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 12:56:48 pm »
Different thread with photos intact: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16850.msg207449#msg207449

Thanks Photobucket :-(

Brian

Thank you Brian I appreciate it.  Can you repost the pictures. I can't see them.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2017, 08:13:50 am »
First post edited to remove Photobucket links and install Imgur image links- these work, at least for now.

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 09:38:45 am »
 :thumbs:
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.