Author Topic: Emgo shifter installed!  (Read 2539 times)

Offline EpicBadass

Emgo shifter installed!
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »
So I wanted to get new riding boots but my current ones have gotten a little marked up by my shifter from the very end of it.  So I thought I would try finding a new shifter and looked briefly on ebay and saw a bunch of beat up used ones like mine and then I saw this thing.  Hadn't seen it posted before anywhere so I thought I'd throw a quick tidbit up about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forged-Aluminum-Folding-Shift-Lever-Silver-Shifter-13236-0078-/151150026403?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AConcours+14&hash=item23313e5ea3&vxp=mtr

Held up front alongside current shifter:

Wasn't a huge selling point with me but this might be nice? LoL

So I had previously installed Murph's bearing upgrade and did not think it would be an issue, but the hole on the new shifter is ever so slightly smaller and they do not fit.

I picked up a nylon piece that fit between the bolt and the shifter, just so happened to be the perfect size all around.

Inserted into the shifter:

Installed:

Did about an hour ride with it yesterday and no complaints as far as lost of shifter feel from losing the bearings, in fact I would say if feels fairly solid.  I did play with the arm when installing it and eliminated as much free play as I could too though.  Overall I am pretty happy with it so far, gonna do a little more riding today so we will see.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: Emgo shifter installed!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »
Hummmm...... Thanks for sharing!
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline texrider

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »
Looks good, just ordered mine!  8)
2014 Valkyrie

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »
So I wanted to get new riding boots but my current ones have gotten a little marked up by my shifter from the very end of it. .....

soooo....
How's that knurled endpiece workin out for ya' with regards to the reason you went looking?
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :popcorn:

just had to ask.... 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »
So far much better than the stock one. It might be rough but it ain't sharp like the edge of mine was!