Author Topic: Corbin seat  (Read 8314 times)

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
Corbin seat
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
Fell in love with the functionality of this seat.  Who is using it and is it worth the mooohlah?

Love the smuggler feature although $799 y'ouch.

Offline Irish-14

Re: Corbin seat
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:50:31 PM »
Have the unheated rider/passenger/backrest combo and I love it. Actually, it was completely comfortable right out of the box. Best seat I've ever owned.$720. Go Irish!

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
Irish,
FYI, although I didn't attend ND, I'm a pretty big fan.  In fact we took the boys (10 year old twins) to campus in March for spring break.  One of the greatest places on Earth.  The Bisiliica was a complete mind blower!

GO IRISH...thanks for the seat info.

Offline rlporter5

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »
I have the heated seat for myself and the pillion for the wife.  For us it allows us to ride a few more hours before we stop.  Also got the rear cases as well - both have been very sturdy/reliable although a bit pricey.
Bob Porter
2010 C14 ABS Warp Drive Blue

Offline dw4402

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »
I have the unheated version, don't need heat in Florida  :). I've had it since November 2010. I like it because I sit flat on it instead of being pushed forward like the stock seat did. It's a little hard but otherwise exactly what I was looking for in a seat for Corrine. By the way, the wife said it is much better than the stock seat for her. Paid $411 out the door brand new. They were left over's from Biketoberfest.
David K. Williams
08 C14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:11:45 PM »
Heated Corbin front and rear with removable painted backrest here.

Love it, best farkle I've done so far on my C14 and definately worth the $!

Oh, and an easy sell for mama, back support and heat for comfort for her...  :thumbs:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:22:48 PM by ZG »

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 08:18:48 PM »
Although I really don't mind the factory seat (call me crazy I know), I do think after a GIVI E55 trunk, the Corbin seat will be next.   I love the looks of the modular.   Really just trying to decide if the heated option is worth the extra cash and just how complicated is it to install.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »
Really just trying to decide if the heated option is worth the extra cash and just how complicated is it to install.

The Corbin's aren't cheap, if you're gonna spend that much $ anyway the extra $ for the heat option is well worth it IMO. Maybe you won't appreciate it this time of year as much, but trust me come dead of winter you'll totally know you made the right choice.

I never had heated grips until I got my Connie, now I scratch my head at why I waited 25 years and a dozen+ bike's to do it... The same goes for the heated seat, never knew how nice it would be until I had it riding last winter in 20's degree weather.

I'm sold on it now, heated grips and seat for me from here on out!!  :thumbs: :hail:

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:48:43 PM »
Fell in love with the functionality of this seat.  Who is using it and is it worth the mooohlah?

Love the smuggler feature although $799 y'ouch.

Is that for just the smuggler, or does that include the seat?

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »
Boone, gotta love them Irish! My wife lets me go back to South Bend once a year to see a home game, man I love that girl... I went to a small catholic school in Cal, University of San Diego, but I've always been crazy about ND. Actually, my oldest son in named Brady after Brady Quinn (thought he'd do a little better than he he has :o.) Go Irish!

Bob

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 04:55:30 AM »
It took a while to break in. But the heated Corbin was one of,  if not the best farkle I installed on the C14!

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:42 AM »
I have had Corbin seats on my last two bikes (CBR600F3 and TL1000R) and I just got the Corbin seat for the C14 last week Friday. I have only put about 70 miles on the seat and found that I have a hot-spot on my butt that simply needs some time for the seat to conform a little to my shape. Overall though, it's a great purchase for me as it does give me more room to move (I never sit still for long on a bike, a chair at work or driving) and I can touch the ground better as the seat sits lower. I did find that the most comfortable position is actually back a little from the tank which makes the reach to the bars a little longer, but that's no big deal for me.

Stock seat height (on center stand):

Corbin on center stand:
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline qyetman

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »
I have the heated version front and back, came with the bike when I bought it. I find it a little hard even with a sheepskin pad. I road my 3 C10's with the stock seat and a sheepskin and never had any issues. I weigh 150# and the guy who owned it before is 200+. Only put about a 1000 mi on so far. My wife loves it, the pillion seems to be a little softer.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
Just installed a heated front with unheated rear. I would have loved to have had the Smuggler, but that price was just insane.

I've got a question for those of you that installed a heated version. When I plugged the pigtail into the ACC slot in the fusebox, like it said to do, I still get power to the seat even with the key in the OFF position. I really want power to the seat unavailable when the key isn't on. All I need is for some yahoo to come along and flip the switch when I'm parked somewhere and end up with a dead battery. Did I miss something somewhere?
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Just installed a heated front with unheated rear. I would have loved to have had the Smuggler, but that price was just insane.

I've got a question for those of you that installed a heated version. When I plugged the pigtail into the ACC slot in the fusebox, like it said to do, I still get power to the seat even with the key in the OFF position. I really want power to the seat unavailable when the key isn't on. All I need is for some yahoo to come along and flip the switch when I'm parked somewhere and end up with a dead battery. Did I miss something somewhere?

My heat switches are always live too WG, I'm trained to turn it off when I get off the bike but actually I often turn it off when still riding once I get warm...

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 10:46:24 PM »

My heat switches are always live too WG, I'm trained to turn it off when I get off the bike but actually I often turn it off when still riding once I get warm...

It's not me that I'm worried about. It's that guy that walks up to my bike when I'm not there and says, "What's this?" and turns it on and leaves it. Results = dead battery.
Normally, things marked ACC are tied to the switch. That way they only work while the bike is running (at least only when the switch is on).
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline jonathan

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »
I don't know about the fuse box, but there are a couple of switched accessory wires that are tucked into the tail. You could extend the pigtail and plug in to those.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 12:23:24 PM »

It's not me that I'm worried about. It's that guy that walks up to my bike when I'm not there and says, "What's this?" and turns it on and leaves it.

:yikes:  Does that happen often with your bikes?? Nobody better ever be touching my bikes when they're parked somewhere...

Maybe you should put a label on it that says "3 mile radius explosion button"...  ;)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 01:07:58 PM »
I don't know about the fuse box, but there are a couple of switched accessory wires that are tucked into the tail. You could extend the pigtail and plug in to those.

As long as the fuse the tail accessory wires goes into can handle the load. I don't know the values needed or what the rear leads are hooked into to tell you, but I know others on here can answer that.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips