Author Topic: New farkle arrived and installed - tail light  (Read 52479 times)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
Re: New farkle arrived and installed - tail light
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
3 pages so far, wow! I wouldn't have expected that when I started this thread...  :o

Oh, and by the way, mine works and looks great!  :thumbs:

Wanna trade for a dark one?

:popcorn:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
Wanna trade for a dark one?

:popcorn:

You should post it up in the classifieds section Mike, I'm sure somebody will take it off your hands since you don't want it...

Offline jonathan

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2011, 08:21:09 AM »
The seller has finally decided to ship to Canada, so I picked one up. I'm going to connect the turn signals but wire a couple of relays in so that when I apply the brakes the turn signal will shut off and it will show only brakes. I figure that will get me maximum attention in both modes.

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »
Ok, I will admit, I have not gone through all 10 pages of this thread, but I had picked up a smoked version of this from the same ebay seller and just got around to installing it yesterday.  It was actually a piece of cake and everything (including the blinkers) worked as planned.  That was, until I tested it with my Givi E55NT Tech case with the Admore Light kit, which also has running, brake and blinkers.....the tail light still worked, but it sent my Admore lights into a tizzy...they would not work correctly.  Just out of curiosity, put the stock tail light back on and everything is working.  There must be some sort of electronics in this light that is stopping the Admore kit to work correctly.  Anyone got any thoughts?
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »
Ok, I will admit, I have not gone through all 10 pages of this thread, but I had picked up a smoked version of this from the same ebay seller and just got around to installing it yesterday.  It was actually a piece of cake and everything (including the blinkers) worked as planned.  That was, until I tested it with my Givi E55NT Tech case with the Admore Light kit, which also has running, brake and blinkers.....the tail light still worked, but it sent my Admore lights into a tizzy...they would not work correctly.  Just out of curiosity, put the stock tail light back on and everything is working.  There must be some sort of electronics in this light that is stopping the Admore kit to work correctly.  Anyone got any thoughts?

Try not doing the blinkers intergrated into the ebay tail light. I have an Admore kit for my Kawi 47 trunk and everything works fine for trunk and ebay tail light, but I didn't integrate the blinker function into the ebay tail light, only the trunk with the Admore kit.

Offline ljcorby

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I believe I tried that, but with all the time I spent on it yesterday, and after thinking about it, now I am not sure.  Will confirm and try this new tail light without the blinker functionality and see what happens.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline coastalconnie

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »
I had issues with mine as well. Couldn't get my HyperLites to blink with it installed. Went back to stock and everything is fine but now using a much brighter Whelen ION as an auxiliary second brake light mounted above the stocker.

Offline texrider

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2011, 09:12:58 PM »
Thanks for the links. Ordered my clear lens unit tonight. The blue tempted me, but with a black bike I'm going for maximum brightness clear.  8)
2014 Valkyrie

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »
I also had issues........ I had already installed a "Back-Off" brake light flasher and a set of hyperlight LED's. When I installed the ebay brake light, the Hyperlights would not longer function correctly. I dont remember exactly what they did, just that they were not working the same. Simply plug in the stock light and everything would go back to working again. Glad I didnt pay much for it.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline jonathan

« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
Has anyone else had trouble with these? I finally got around to installing it today; well trying to at least. I plugged it in and got nothing. Plug the OEM back in and it works fine, but the aftermarket item doesn't work at all. Advice or troubleshooting tips would be welcome.

Offline ljcorby

« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »
All, see the thread below.  I installed a 3 amp diode from Radio Shack inline with the brake light wire, and all is well.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5676.0

Ok, here is a link to the video....

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/ljcorby/2010%20Concours%2014%20ABS/?action=view&current=GiviCasewithLights5.mp4
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
We discovered the need for that diode way back when a forum member named Jerry (JamminJere) bought one of those tail lights from Ebay and it would not work with an additional tail light in a top box. After Jerry grabbed a bunch of data with a voltmeter, we figured out that the light was back feeding the circuit; that was fine unless there was another light in the circuit. Or as it turns out, a Rostra CC.

Too bad but all that information and a lot more went to digital heaven with the old site.

Brian

All, see the thread below.  I installed a 3 amp diode from Radio Shack inline with the brake light wire, and all is well.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5676.0

<snipped video>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ljcorby

« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Brian, my apologies for not mentioning you were the one who suggested the diode....thank you so much for the info. 
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2011, 05:04:56 PM »
Nope, no need to apologize and that was not my point. I was just pointing out that this ground was already covered and it is too bad that that info. was lost. Lots of useful (and a lot of non- useful info. too  :D  ) lost when the old forum went away.

Brian

Brian, my apologies for not mentioning you were the one who suggested the diode....thank you so much for the info.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ljcorby

« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:52 PM »
Agreed, and thanks again for sharing.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline texrider

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »
Received and installed the clear lens version, and connected the turnsignals. Very happy with the results. A nice up-grade!
2014 Valkyrie

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
I still have a dark smoke version available.  I'm not gonna use it.

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »
Nope, no need to apologize and that was not my point. I was just pointing out that this ground was already covered and it is too bad that that info. was lost. Lots of useful (and a lot of non- useful info. too  :D  ) lost when the old forum went away.

Brian
I was lost when the old forum went away, too
2008 C-14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2011, 10:50:05 PM »
I still have a dark smoke version available.  I'm not gonna use it.

You should put it in the classifieds...

Sup Mike? What happen to ya against KC?

The 72 fins were all  :chugbeer:

;D ;D ;D

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2012, 02:02:57 PM »
We discovered the need for that diode way back when a forum member named Jerry (JamminJere) bought one of those tail lights from Ebay and it would not work with an additional tail light in a top box. After Jerry grabbed a bunch of data with a voltmeter, we figured out that the light was back feeding the circuit; that was fine unless there was another light in the circuit.

Finally got around to installing the diode today and just as you said it would ..... problem solved. Now my LED's nd Back-Off module work like they are supposed to.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black