Author Topic: Smart phone Apps we like  (Read 14193 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Smart phone Apps we like
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 06:46:28 am »
Just downloaded and created an account with Uber. Anybody use this? I need a ride to the airport in Austin on Thursday and plan to use it. Do they come when they say they will?

Never used it, and here in SA the idiot dems in charge basically banned UBER for consumer safety. Everybody in and around SA still uses it. You cannot be picked up in SA but they can drop you off.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 07:00:26 am »
Never used it, and here in SA the idiot dems in charge basically banned UBER for consumer safety UNION saftey. Everybody in and around SA still uses it. You cannot be picked up in SA but they can drop you off.
fify
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 07:21:32 am »
LOL, yeah, there is that too.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 05:05:17 am »
snip...

Google Sky Map (Conrad would like this!)

I finally got myself a smartphone!

I got this app after my son's recommendation.

Sky Guide  $2.99

http://www.cnet.com/products/sky-guide-ios/

All I've got to say WOW. That app is SO cool! I've been playing with this a bunch and it makes me smile big time. My wife says that I'm like a lil kid.    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 07:18:33 am »
snip...

I finally got myself a smartphone!

I got this app after my son's recommendation.

Sky Guide  $2.99

http://www.cnet.com/products/sky-guide-ios/

All I've got to say WOW. That app is SO cool! I've been playing with this a bunch and it makes me smile big time. My wife says that I'm like a lil kid.    :)

If you have a simple Dobson mount telescope (no guidance or computer), that app is your best friend.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:55:24 am by Rhino »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 07:59:50 am »
If you have a simple Dobson mount telescope (no guidance or computer), that app is your best friend.

:thumbs:

That app pretty much renders my other astronomy software obsolete.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2015, 08:08:46 am »
I have a Mead Lightbridge and I can find stuff using Google Sky in a fraction of the time it took me using my computer guided Celestron Schmidt-Casagrain. It would take at least 1/2 hour just to setup and align the Celestron. Now I just (or used to when I lived in CO, left it with my son), wheel the Mead out and be observing in about 1 minute, spend about 1/2 hour observing and be back inside by the fire in the time it used to take just to align the stoopid computer on the other one.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 06:45:28 am »
Fotoswipe...  Plus the video has a nice beat and you can dance to it.

fotoswipe.com

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 06:43:49 am »
I have a truck tent, and went camping in Florida last weekend.  Needed to make sure my head wasn't going to be downhill so I installed a bubble level app.  Worked well in my time of need.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Flat-spot

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 06:55:03 am »
iphones have a built in semi-hidden bubble level.  Go to "utilities"..."compass"...then switch the dot at the bottom of the screen.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2015, 07:04:01 am »
The only App I really love is WAZE. It is like cheating. You can really tell that a lot of drivers are using it, because you all seem to slow down for the same warnings. Always hoping that the police don't start using the same App backwards to see you and how fast you are driving. That would really suck for some of us.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2015, 07:44:22 am »
The only App I really love is WAZE. It is like cheating. You can really tell that a lot of drivers are using it, because you all seem to slow down for the same warnings. Always hoping that the police don't start using the same App backwards to see you and how fast you are driving. That would really suck for some of us.

I use waze constantly on the road, great app centered as much around safety as it is avoiding tickets.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 03:43:37 pm »
WAZE, thats ones old news but still the bestest app ever invented ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 06:42:47 am »
I like the Google app. It cuts the steps to go to the internet from my phone by about three steps. I would use it anyway.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
  • Mid Flowriduh a.a.d.
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2015, 02:59:13 am »
Some interesting info. Thanks all.

I'll ad OBD Fusion. It monitors a whole bunch of info on your car/van/etc. It also reads trouble codes. It uses a bluetooth transmitter plugged into the OBD port.

I use it mostly in the Roadtrek to monitor transmission temperature. I'll be using it especially when pulling a trailer in the mountains.

I also have All Stays. Lots of good info when traveling for camping(including free spots), motels, repair shops, propane and more. Geared for an RV traveler. Quite handy when traveling with the Roadtrek.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
'99 Conk: 227k mi, '98 KLR650 back from Cal
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 14 year member)