Author Topic: Facebook.... I don't get it.  (Read 16991 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Facebook.... I don't get it.
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2014, 02:45:06 pm »
A long time ago, my brother- in- law said that TV was the greatest mechanism ever built to waste man's time (and he is an E.E. so not opposed to TV or a luddite). And I think that was true then..... but now there is texting and F.B.. Good to know the the blame is not on TV anymore.   

:rotflmao:

Brian (who has "LIKE" stickers all over his TV)

like others mostly for family and freinds i dont see much, other than that i dont typically post about every bowel movement or worthless thought up there in my head.

At work we just had a seminar about social media.....like they want us to use facebook...great more people in corporate america wasting the day away.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2014, 04:35:57 am »
Can't really dispute that, I guess (or won't, at any rate...)

Taken literally, your statement that FB is like a forum is basically correct... With the caveat being that the range of topics is (thankfully) much more limited (usually  ;)) by a general consensus.

I don't think anyone would dispute the following statement : "There is a GREAT deal of "narcissism, self-pity and voyeurism" on FB."  (Although this too, may just be my opinion.)

I guess I had always assumed (or hoped) that the signal-to-noise ratio was a bit more favourable in 'here' though... 

That may be my mistake - but I've been wrong before.

Jamie

+1 on the signal-to-noise ratio.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2014, 08:33:23 am »
Now with that said, I am actually working on a blog called 'Kirby's Korner' for my web page. I guess that could be either pathetic or humorous and it is up to each one of us to decide which I figure.

Brian
Does it have to be one or the other?   ;D
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157