Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 693198 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1050 on: April 09, 2015, 07:00:25 pm »
Rode her to Vegas. Only about 300 miles but glorious despite the low miles.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1051 on: April 09, 2015, 07:16:28 pm »
Rode her to Vegas. Only about 300 miles but glorious despite the low miles.
...but still 300 miles more than I rode today.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1052 on: April 09, 2015, 07:46:13 pm »
Glad you had a nice ride.  As mentioned, it's also 300 miles more than me as well.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1053 on: April 09, 2015, 08:03:43 pm »
World of difference between the C14 and my old Electra Glide
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline XPLRN

« Reply #1054 on: April 09, 2015, 10:29:10 pm »
World of difference between the C14 and my old Electra Glide

300 miles=plenty of 'Expedient Travel Tariff' potential as you were exploring those differences!! Especially on those nice long sweeping curves on the way up there.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1055 on: April 12, 2015, 04:44:17 pm »
Went for a ride this weekend and put on a little over 800 miles. I love the performance of this bike but I definitely have some comfort issues to deal with.

Gotta get higher handlebar.  Trying to decide which route to go. Might make my own...

Larger windshield on the short list. I hit a swarm of bees about 175 miles out of Vegas. I had guts and bee parts covering the outside of the windshield,  the inside of the windshield, all over the outside face shield of the helmet, the built in sun shade of the helmet, my gloves, jacket, everywhere. It was a real mess.

I think canyon cages would be good, additional peg locations may be nice.

And a throttle lock.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1056 on: April 12, 2015, 04:57:43 pm »
Biggest complaint I had with the oem bars was the way they turned my wrist.
Still running the oem windscreen?
I understand the cages for tipover protection but are Ronnies pegs not enough to stretch out a bit?
I've got both a Throttlemeister and an OmniCruise. I use the Omni more.
When are you going to move the topcase over the passenger seat so we can get full use out of that 'big rack'?  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1057 on: April 12, 2015, 05:13:38 pm »
Went for a ride this weekend and put on a little over 800 miles.

Wow- that is a long ride!  Makes my little 60 mile ride yesterday and 50 mile ride today seem like nothing.

Larger windshield on the short list. I hit a swarm of bees about 175 miles out of Vegas. I had guts and bee parts covering the outside of the windshield,  the inside of the windshield, all over the outside face shield of the helmet, the built in sun shade of the helmet, my gloves, jacket, everywhere. It was a real mess.

Yeah, I was hit with some insects this weekend for the first time this year... I dread what is coming.  What sucks is when it is hot and you need MORE airflow, but then hit a bunch of insects.

Go for it!  Canyons are a good investment.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1058 on: April 12, 2015, 05:27:31 pm »
Did 250 miles in western VA..
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1059 on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »
I rode 375 round trip for a Subway Club yesterday.  :doh:

Offline tomp

« Reply #1060 on: April 12, 2015, 06:03:13 pm »
It rained, I worked, no riding.  Ditto for the rest of the work week.   Hope all have a great week.   tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1061 on: April 12, 2015, 06:25:27 pm »
I want to ride to Key West for a piece of Key lime pie.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1062 on: April 12, 2015, 06:31:40 pm »
Better be a damn good piece of pie. The Club wasn't that good.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1063 on: April 12, 2015, 08:31:17 pm »
Went for a ride this weekend and put on a little over 800 miles. I love the performance of this bike but I definitely have some comfort issues to deal with.

Gotta get higher handlebar.  Trying to decide which route to go. Might make my own...

And a throttle lock.

Nice little ride!
I'm with ya on the bigger windshield.
I bought my risers from AST(took way to long to get here and they were not painted and only received half of what I ordered ) they work well with the stock bars.
Canyon cages allowed me to put some highway pegs that allow for a good stretch on those long rides.
Sheep skin helps with the oem seat

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1064 on: April 13, 2015, 07:04:56 am »
Rode to COTA Saturday and Sunday for MotoGP!