Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 693416 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1335 on: June 21, 2015, 12:53:56 pm »
You didn't het rained on yesterday (Saturday)? It rained buckets here! (~60 miles west of Chicago)

Nope, great riding yesterday. Light rain once I reached Shawano WI, but nothing worth talking about.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1336 on: June 21, 2015, 02:24:15 pm »
I think 714 was an interesting number to explore :cool:

we always laughed out loud as that was Joe Friday's badge number on Dragnet.....
coincidence?

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #1337 on: June 21, 2015, 03:34:28 pm »
Nope, great riding yesterday. Light rain once I reached Shawano WI, but nothing worth talking about.
Hope the rest of the ride is safe and fun.  Looking forward to seeing the new states colored in on your map, soon.   tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline tomp

« Reply #1338 on: June 21, 2015, 04:25:47 pm »
Spent the day riding around Galveston and surrounding areas.  Dropped the bike for the first time.  Had my friend's 16 yoa son on the back.  Pulling out of a slanted parking lot, the engine died and when I put my foot down, there was no pavement there.  With the additional weight, no way I could keep it up.  I was able to right it by myself, which I couldn't believe, and there wasn't a scratch on it, which I couldn't believe, either.  After that, was more conscious of where I stopped, making sure that the road was flat, at least flatter than where it went down. 

Other than that one embarrassing event, it was a great ride, hot and humid, but a great ride, none the less. The C14 is a terrific motorcycle. . . tp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1339 on: June 21, 2015, 05:14:43 pm »
Spent the day riding around Galveston and surrounding areas.  Dropped the bike for the first time.

:(  Sorry to hear that, but it has to happen eventually.  Welcome to the club.

and there wasn't a scratch on it, which I couldn't believe, either.

You are lucky!  Just don't look TOO closely, 'cause I bet you can find SOMETHING!  The one and only time I dropped the C14, I was stopped.  Even then, and with the canyons/cages,  there was still a little touch damage on one point of the very bottom of the matte black fairing (probably because my bike is lowered).  Not counting the two touch points on the cages, of course...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1340 on: June 21, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »
Went and checked again. Just found a tiny scrape, probably 1/4" long, on the bottom of the left side case.  Never noticed it before, so it may be new, or not.  It's not visible unless I'm on my back, on the ground.   Safe week to all, and keep the rubber side down.   ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1341 on: June 21, 2015, 09:32:54 pm »
Went and checked again. Just found a tiny scrape, probably 1/4" long, on the bottom of the left side case. 

I told you not to look closely!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1342 on: June 21, 2015, 09:55:58 pm »
I told you not to look closely!!
All your fault.  You made me curious. . . .tp ;D

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1343 on: June 22, 2015, 12:03:09 am »
Amazon has touch - up paint. You can deny everything :-)

sailor_chic

« Reply #1344 on: June 22, 2015, 05:02:06 pm »
Tom, sorry to hear about dropping your bike. Hope you're pride faired as well as the bike. 
I almost dropped my today. Making a U-turn in couple of parking spots so I could back in,  and I put my foot down and it slipped on the wet ground. Somehow I saved it though.
This was during my 330 mile ride in the rain. It's a balmy 43 here in Thunder Bay Ontario.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1345 on: June 22, 2015, 05:25:53 pm »
Tom, sorry to hear about dropping your bike. Hope you're pride faired as well as the bike. 
I almost dropped my today. Making a U-turn in couple of parking spots so I could back in,  and I put my foot down and it slipped on the wet ground. Somehow I saved it though.
This was during my 330 mile ride in the rain. It's a balmy 43 here in Thunder Bay Ontario.
With all the years I've ridden and raced off road, coming off a bike is an expected thing.  I did do it in front of probably 30 folks yesterday, and was only concerned that I had scraped up the plastics. 

Glad you kept her up today.  "Slippery when wet" really means something important to riders, doesn't it. . .  Enjoy the rest of your trip, and stay safe.  tomp

BTW, where are the RR pics?   tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #1346 on: June 23, 2015, 05:34:59 am »
Pics are on my camera and my dumbass can't recall how to use the NFC (transfer option). So  have no way to transfer until I get home to my computer

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #1347 on: June 23, 2015, 05:42:35 am »
Envy!  The Lake Superior circle trip is a great one.  Just remember; summer is the second week of July up 'dere.
08B 73.5K miles

sailor_chic

« Reply #1348 on: June 23, 2015, 05:56:30 am »
I am figuring that out now. While having breakfast, I mentioned to the waitress that it's nice to see the sun. She said that it was really warm out.  I checked the temp on my phone and seen that it was 50. So since I'm from Florida, it's clear that "warm" is a relative term.
Sadly my Rostra quit on me  yesterday. So now I'm looking at 3000+ miles home that I will actually have to hold the throttle. Spoken in my best northern accent... Oh curve balls life throws atcha eh!

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1349 on: June 23, 2015, 06:17:25 am »
I am figuring that out now. While having breakfast, I mentioned to the waitress that it's nice to see the sun. She said that it was really warm out.  I checked the temp on my phone and seen that it was 50. So since I'm from Florida, it's clear that "warm" is a relative term.
Sadly my Rostra quit on me  yesterday. So now I'm looking at 3000+ miles home that I will actually have to hold the throttle. Spoken in my best northern accent... Oh curve balls life throws atcha eh!

Well me hopes y'all enjoys your trip ups here in the Great White North. ehh!
 ::)
Ride safe Nicole