Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 693197 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2014, 04:32:04 am »
It's with great sadness that I prepare my bike for it's winter nap.

Pulled all the plastic off.
Tightened up the exhaust header nuts.
Drained and refilled the coolant.
Flushed and refilled the brakes and clutch.
Changed the oils, front and rear.
Pulled and reinstalled the battery after cleaning all the connections.
Serviced the K&N air filter. (it didn't really need it but while I had access to it I did it)

:(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:41:29 am by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2014, 05:28:49 am »
 :'(
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2014, 07:32:03 am »

Oh man that is sad. It was a chilly 31 but I road mine to work this morning.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2014, 07:37:07 am »

I've had mine winterized for almost 2 weeks and already starting to twitch when I walk past her in the garage :-\ :-\ :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2014, 02:16:51 pm »
"Winterizing" is when you ride in sub-freezing temps, right?  Cause I do that all the time...
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline tomp

« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »
Since we can ride 12 months a year here, when it is below or above a certain temp, I just don't ride.  I'm still hunting for a new job, and depending on the income, I may have to start riding for more than just fun, but economic reasons.  Used to off road ride in the winter on frozen ground and through river beds with ice floating in the water.  Fun all those decades ago, but sure wouldn't do it now. 

Hope those of you who are putting up their bikes are able to do winter sports, snow mobiling, skiing, snow boarding, etc.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2014, 02:58:18 pm »
Since we can ride 12 months a year here, when it is below or above a certain temp, I just don't ride.  I'm still hunting for a new job, and depending on the income, I may have to start riding for more than just fun, but economic reasons.  Used to off road ride in the winter on frozen ground and through river beds with ice floating in the water.  Fun all those decades ago, but sure wouldn't do it now. 

Hope those of you who are putting up their bikes are able to do winter sports, snow mobiling, skiing, snow boarding, etc.  tp

Why would we want to do that? It's freaking cold outside.  :_shudder_Emoticon
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline tomp

« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2014, 03:24:44 pm »
A person of intelligence.  The winter olympics have never made sense to me.  All those folks out in the cold, watching other people out in the cold.  Just no sense to me... ;D ;D

That's why I live in the Texas Gulf Coast area.  Back into the 70's in a couple of  days.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:21 pm »
"Winterizing" is when you ride in sub-freezing temps, right?  Cause I do that all the time...m

:-\
So the temp here the other day was -18.4f with the wind chill it was -46.3 now factor in a highway speed (60mi)into the wind works out to -63.63f try that out and let me know how you make out.
Nowadays most sleds have heated grips and seats such as http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/snowmobiles/550-indy-adventure-155/build#sthash.ZYuGo0ZQ.dpbs
 But like gPink says

As I get older the bone chilling cold hits way to  :censored: :censored: :censored: hard.

But.........but this does have a certain appeal to it  ;D

Offline tomp

« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2014, 06:42:27 pm »
I have never been able to ride a snow mobile, but it looks like a blast.  Where I live, the humidity makes being out doors, when cold, a misery.  Your low humidity cold up there, has to make winter much easier to accept.  Have a great season, my friend...tp

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:06 pm »

:-\
So the temp here the other day was -18.4f with the wind chill it was -46.3 now factor in a highway speed (60mi)into the wind works out to -63.63f try that out and let me know how you make out.
Nowadays most sleds have heated grips and seats such as http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/snowmobiles/550-indy-adventure-155/build#sthash.ZYuGo0ZQ.dpbs
 But like gPink says
As I get older the bone chilling cold hits way to  :censored: :censored: :censored: hard.

But.........but this does have a certain appeal to it  ;D

YIKES!!! Coldest we get around here is teens... And usually we're at least in the 20's.
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2014, 12:57:44 am »
No need to winterize in Walnut Creek, Ca. Playing with tire pressures, Black Bear (my C-14) with PR2's and 55 aspect ratio on rear, handles best @ 44 psi front and 46 psi rear. Seems 100 lbs. lighter than with 42/42. Fuel mileage also went up to 44.1 doing 75-80 for 350 miles of slabbing. Just sayin', not recommending altering the factory pressures, but I'm lovin' them Michelins. Big difference over the P.O.S. 021 Crapstones.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2014, 04:44:56 am »
Oh man that is sad. It was a chilly 31 but I road mine to work this morning.

"Winterizing" is when you ride in sub-freezing temps, right?  Cause I do that all the time...

It's 8 degrees here now and yesterday's high was 10 and there's two inches of snow on the ground. Sub-freezing? Well, ya.  :_shudder_Emoticon I don't want to be sub-freezing so I'll be putting the bike away this week. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2014, 04:46:38 am »

Oh heck yeah! Connie is getting put up for the season but that means that the snowmobiles will be coming out soon to play.    :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2014, 06:49:28 am »
A person of intelligence.  The winter olympics have never made sense to me.  All those folks out in the cold, watching other people out in the cold.  Just no sense to me... ;D ;D

That's why I live in the Texas Gulf Coast area.  Back into the 70's in a couple of  days.

I miss Colorado but there are advantages to living in Austin  8)