Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 603782 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 10:15:45 am »
But but, she started it!    :P

Don't care.  My mind (what little of it is left) is made up.
  "LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline tomp

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:00 am »
OK...  When is you trip to Ohio?  Is the weather cooling there yet? Spoke to a CS lady up there last week and she said it was really still hot there.
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 11:00:02 am »
Leaving tomorrow morning..will arrive in Dayton tomorrow evening.  I'll probably get wet with that front coming through, though.
  "LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline tomp

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »
Have a safe and enjoyable time, Jim.  Watch for LEO's, being on such a "fun to ride fast" motorcycle...tp

Offline JerBear

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 03:37:11 pm »
Changed my rear tire back to a PR2 (from a PR3) and greased the drive shaft splines.  Found out that from the factory the rubber seal in the top of the shaft cover was not installed correctly and the front 1/2 inch or so was shredded from the drive shaft universal joint.  When I took the cover off I found powdered rubber all around the inside of the cover.

I tried the "Patented Zip Tie" method for removing the tire.  It worked well and just required a grunt or two from my ample frame to get the old one off.  I struggled until I used some soapy water for lube and them it slid right off.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline Justin726

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 04:18:23 pm »
Just got off the phone with Seth Laam trying to get the ball rolling on fixing the stock seat.  Plus, my TechSpec tank pads showed up today.   8)
2010 Concours

sailor_chic

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »

Just got off the phone with Seth Laam trying to get the ball rolling on fixing the stock seat.  Plus, my TechSpec tank pads showed up today.   8)
You will love your seat! I just put mine on and really an pleased with it

Riding around the lake will be about a 200 mile ride for me. I do it a few times a year. I running out of places to ride in this part of Florida, so I have to repeat my day trips

I lied, I put 255 miles on mine today :)

Offline tomp

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »
Glad you got to ride today,  I rode probably 5 miles.  Suppose to rain here for the next 10+ days.  May have to live vicariously through others this next week and more. tom 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 02:38:35 am »
Packed to the gunnels and riding into WV and Ohio.

sailor_chic

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 06:28:00 am »
Ride safe Jim

Offline Conrad

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:51 am »
Safe travels Jim!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 05:52:47 pm »
 I got tired of the brake lights not working on the Givi Top Case. The two contact points under the box didn't contact the points on the mount under the box very well, so I decided to just hard wire it. I drilled a new hole and ran the wire up through the inside of the box and used a couple bullet connectors so if I ever needed to remove the box, I could just disconnect the wires there.

Offline tomp

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 06:53:47 pm »
Rode the C14 earlier today.  Rode my 1150RT this evening (she has been whining she hasn't been ridden hard lately).   

The RT is so much more flickable  than the 14, but I just feel more satisfied riding the 14. 

The RT has new PR3's, the 14 new Z8's. 

Not sure if the tires are making the difference, but sure wish the 14 handled like the RT.   

Naaahhh, I would "for sure" kill myself on the Connie, "for sure".

Offline danl

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 08:52:59 am »
Took mine in for the 30k mile service. It's a big one. Having them fix my oil leak while they are in there, with the aftermarket cam ring. Also having a PR4 put on the rear. When it gets home I might give it a bath too, it's filthy!

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 09:09:52 am »
I removed my tank to see if there was an alternate place to install the cruise control and forgot to properly re-install the red fuel line quick connect clip. So last night I did the whole removal and re-install of the tank, only had to raise the front of the tank however. I used an electric drill to remove all the fasteners and it was much faster this time. Plus it’s always easier the second time around :)
I also got in my lowering links and kickstand so that job is next, this weekend. After I do the winterizing of the fifth wheel as I am on the road right now. :o
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.