Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852793 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »
Awww, thanks tomp. Yes I always enjoy a nice ride  ;D
  What ever I can do to make things better for you.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »
Sailor_chic, I took an afternoon ride, in honor of your birthday.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I know I did.  tomp

I wasted most of the cold/wet holiday days prior and then today had to do all the piled up housework.  Laundry, cat stuff, vacuuming, dishes, trash, flipping the bed, paying bills, cleaning the shower and vanity, washing the car, and finally culminating in the outdoor Christmas lights and decorations.  What a waste for a freaky warm and clear day of 65F :(   I should have done this crap Fri/Sat then been out riding today.

Just call me "Mr. Procrastination.... to the Max"

Happy Bday C14 Chick!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2014, 05:33:33 PM »
Thanks hon ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #303 on: December 01, 2014, 05:17:59 AM »
I wasted most of the cold/wet holiday days prior and then today had to do all the piled up housework.  Laundry, cat stuff, vacuuming, dishes, trash, flipping the bed, paying bills, cleaning the shower and vanity, washing the car, and finally culminating in the outdoor Christmas lights and decorations.  What a waste for a freaky warm and clear day of 65F :(   I should have done this crap Fri/Sat then been out riding today.

Just call me "Mr. Procrastination.... to the Max"

Happy Bday C14 Chick!

This sounds like a post for the Crazy and Annoyed thread!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #304 on: December 01, 2014, 06:46:51 AM »
Checked the valve lash. Woo hoo!  Only gave to change the clearance on 14 of the valves!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #305 on: December 01, 2014, 07:21:08 AM »
Deziner, how many miles on the bike?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #306 on: December 01, 2014, 07:34:26 AM »
48K. I don't think the clearance has ever been done before
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2014, 07:45:16 AM »
I would guess you're right. The pattern seems to be they don't move much after the initial adjustment.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »
Rode to a client and back this morning.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jim H

« Reply #309 on: December 01, 2014, 01:46:09 PM »
  unwrapped an early Christmas present to my self.....AST 2" Pull back risers!  Ordered wed afternoon came today.....Yeah!

Jim H.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #310 on: December 01, 2014, 02:14:09 PM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:02 PM »
Picked up a shim kit. A small dealer here in Phoenix had them in stock. I must have made 30 calls trying to source them locally, finally called North Valley Honda and scored! I know I may have saved a little time and $ by ordering them online but whenever possible I try to spend my money locally.

Also picked up some Irridium plugs from O'riely Auto Parts. Around $10 each. In stock! Sweet!

Went to see a guy I know about some high performance riding lessons.  Ted is a pprofessional AMA Superbike rider and he, along with his SO (Also a AMA pro rider), have a riding school. Going from a worn out Electra Glide to this beast is akin to going from a used up Crown Vic to a Ferrari. I've ridden hundreds of thousands of miles in the last 40 years, most of which have been on Harleys. To think that I have developed the necessary skills to really RIDE this motorcycle in the manner which it was designed to be ridden would be arrogant and ludicrous. I liken it to a private pilot logging 10,000 hours as P.I.C. of a Cessna 172 buying a P51 Mustang and not getting advanced instruction. Early next year I'm getting some one-on- one instruction on a closed track! Boo ya!

sailor_chic

« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2014, 04:39:54 PM »
Picked up a shim kit. A small dealer here in Phoenix had them in stock. I must have made 30 calls trying to source them locally, finally called North Valley Honda and scored! I know I may have saved a little time and $ by ordering them online but whenever possible I try to spend my money locally.

Also picked up some Irridium plugs from O'riely Auto Parts. Around $10 each. In stock! Sweet!

Went to see a guy I know about some high performance riding lessons.  Ted is a pprofessional AMA Superbike rider and he, along with his SO (Also a AMA pro rider), have a riding school. Going from a worn out Electra Glide to this beast is akin to going from a used up Crown Vic to a Ferrari. I've ridden hundreds of thousands of miles in the last 40 years, most of which have been on Harleys. To think that I have developed the necessary skills to really RIDE this motorcycle in the manner which it was designed to be ridden would be arrogant and ludicrous. I liken it to a private pilot logging 10,000 hours as P.I.C. of a Cessna 172 buying a P51 Mustang and not getting advanced instruction. Early next year I'm getting some one-on- one instruction on a closed track! Boo ya!

Sounds like fun! Professional instruction would be awesome.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2014, 05:24:08 PM »
I'm really looking forward to it. Excited and a bit apprehensive. Excited about learning new skills, apprehensive about having the multitude of things I have been doing wrong the last 40 years pointed out to me. Oh wel,  better late than never. I can't WAIT to become a better rider!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »
I really want to go to one of the adventure riding courses, not for the C14 of course, but for my DR650. I've been doing it for awhile now but I'm sure I could benefit from some professional training. Chet, where are you?  8)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2014, 05:35:19 PM »
The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #316 on: December 01, 2014, 08:01:37 PM »
Every single valve I had to adjust had an aftermarket shim in it. All were too tight. Either the same valves required adjustment again, (doubtful) or the person who did the last adjustment was trying to get the absolute minimum lash. Why in the name of Connie would someone do that? A valve that's a little loose is INFINITELY better than one that is a little tight. GRRRRR. >:(

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2014, 03:55:53 AM »
Every single valve I had to adjust had an aftermarket shim in it. All were too tight. Either the same valves required adjustment again, (doubtful) or the person who did the last adjustment was trying to get the absolute minimum lash. Why in the name of Connie would someone do that? A valve that's a little loose is INFINITELY better than one that is a little tight. GRRRRR. >:(
:o Backwards thinking. Might as well sync the throttle bodies while your in there.

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2014, 06:05:16 AM »
Swapped out the stock AGM lump for a Battery Tender LiFE unit.  Dropped 6 pounds like a bad habit, and she's back to starting quickly again.  Granted, that would happen just swapping in any new battery in place of a dead one, but given the size and weight of the new unit, I'm pleasantly surprised.  No issues running the heated grips and seat, although I've taken to cutting both of those off when I'm 3-5 minutes from my destination, just so I'm not draining the battery unnecessarily right before shutting the bike off.  Might help, might not, but it makes sense in my head, so I'll keep doing it.

Using the included foam wedges to make the new unit fit in the space for the old one was less than optimal.  I don't understand why they don't just make a 'racing' version that is reduced size so you can eliminate the battery tray on a race bike, and a 'road' version that weighs maybe an ounce more, but comes in a plastic shell that is the same size as an original battery.  Battery hold-down setups are built by the manufacturers for a given size, and swapping in an equally sized, but radically lighter unit would be easier for the consumer.  Just sayin'...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2014, 07:20:03 AM »
Swapped out the stock AGM lump for a Battery Tender LiFE unit.  Dropped 6 pounds like a bad habit, and she's back to starting quickly again.  Granted, that would happen just swapping in any new battery in place of a dead one, but given the size and weight of the new unit, I'm pleasantly surprised.  No issues running the heated grips and seat, although I've taken to cutting both of those off when I'm 3-5 minutes from my destination, just so I'm not draining the battery unnecessarily right before shutting the bike off.  Might help, might not, but it makes sense in my head, so I'll keep doing it.

Using the included foam wedges to make the new unit fit in the space for the old one was less than optimal.  I don't understand why they don't just make a 'racing' version that is reduced size so you can eliminate the battery tray on a race bike, and a 'road' version that weighs maybe an ounce more, but comes in a plastic shell that is the same size as an original battery.  Battery hold-down setups are built by the manufacturers for a given size, and swapping in an equally sized, but radically lighter unit would be easier for the consumer.  Just sayin'...

When I google that all I get are battery tenders. Are your referring to something like a Shorai LFX battery? $229 on Shoraipower.com. Been wondering if it is worth it.