Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 662770 times)

Offline lather

• And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3195 on: August 19, 2018, 04:20:38 pm »
Full disclosure. I do own a Duralast 1/4 inch extension kit from Autozone. When MOB made his post suggesting I dropped mine in the tire before mounting it I checked my tool box.. The long and the medium were in there, not the shorty. BUT, I do not own two short extensions. At least not before today. :nuts:

In my opinion it is highly improbable that I dropped a 1/4 extension in my tire, but possible. But the odds of two getting inside the tire by ANY means is just absurdly redonkulous.

The Avon 190/50 17 was delivered to me on June 26. I did not mount it until July 22. 4 weeks for mischief.  I need an exorcist. I have a wrenchmonkey poltergeist haunting my garage.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline lather

• Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3196 on: August 19, 2018, 05:59:04 pm »
the height of a 190/50 tire properly infalted and unweighted would be about 2.75 inches Add roughly another inch for the drop center, 3.75  would be the spsce between the wheel and the tread. No major bump, just rolling weight I guess the tire deflect about an inch, back down to 2.75,as Brain says. no way to exert any force with the 2 inch extension to puncture the tread. UNLESS the two 2 inch extensioms line up perfectly after bouncing around for 4500 miles. 

Sorry, I'm just wandering around here in the Twighlight Zone :-[

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3197 on: August 19, 2018, 08:44:08 pm »
Who mounted the tire?

Maybe both extensions were connected together when it punctured the tire from the outside and they disconnected after entering the tire? That seems even more far fetched than the idea that they were both in the tire from the beginning. Got a real head scratcher here!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline lather

• Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3198 on: August 19, 2018, 08:55:52 pm »
I mounted the tire myself. Been doing my own for 40+ years

Offline lather

• Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3199 on: August 19, 2018, 08:57:55 pm »
Every possible scenario is extremely far fetched.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3200 on: August 25, 2018, 03:23:55 pm »
Eupher, are you located in So. Cal.? 103 sounds like what we have here, in So. Cal.

No, I'm in Arkansas. Sorry for the late response.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3201 on: August 25, 2018, 03:29:10 pm »
I found the extra fob/tank/ key I had had made at the local ACE hardware store. It had fallen out of my pants pocket, apparently, and the gods sharpened my vision enough so I could see what I was missing.

Damn things are expensive, though not as expensive as the cursed Ki-Pass thingie.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #3202 on: August 28, 2018, 12:52:50 pm »
Had a leaky right fork seal.  Seal Mate to the rescue!  Slipped it in (easy boys), made two passes, compressed the forks a few times and took it for about a 150 mile jaunt last Sunday.  Checked it today and it looks to be sealed.  $8 to save, what, $250???  Love this forum!  👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Symtec heat demon grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3203 on: August 28, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »
Had a leaky right fork seal.  Seal Mate to the rescue!  Slipped it in (easy boys), made two passes, compressed the forks a few times and took it for about a 150 mile jaunt last Sunday.  Checked it today and it looks to be sealed.  $8 to save, what, $250???  Love this forum!  👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Yep, same for me.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, StreetFX LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #3204 on: August 28, 2018, 10:01:32 pm »
Hey, Gang!

Long time no post.   ::)

2009 Black, 140,000+miles.

Replaced the coolant reservoir.  It was dripping when hot and full  :o 
But didn't display the same condition when below the "low" mark.

Haven't had the chance to "bench test" the old reservoir but there have been no coolant drips since.  Two weeks ago.
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline PH14

« Reply #3205 on: August 31, 2018, 05:35:39 pm »
My horn stopped working.. I have the HF80 Dual Horn from Murph's, along with his wiring harness with relay. The relay stopped working. It would click, but not pass power. I called a local electronics parts distributor I have used in the past with no luck, they could order it, and also told me Mouser Electronics had it and I could get it there online. I already had found that and wanted something today. Allied Electronics has a location about 5-10 miles from my house, and had one that would work, so I called them. The won't sell in person, so I would have to order it and have it shipped. Ugh, probably at three days to get it from less than ten miles away, and that is not including Labor Day weekend, so lets say a six days.

I finally looked around and found one at Advance Auto that I thought would work. It is listed as: A/C Clutch Relay, A/C Compressor Cut-Out Relay, Engine Cooling Fan Motor Relay, HVAC Blower Motor Relay. I wanted something that would work today so I got it, and it works. Unfortunately, it had no rating, it is probably rated high enough, but then again...so I may be swapping it out later for one with a known rating. For now though, I have a horn.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3206 on: August 31, 2018, 06:01:52 pm »
Gary's horn harness uses a 30A NC / 20A NO relay, very common.. can buy it lots of places...
I have trouble believing the relay you bought, had no ratings printed on it...unless it was a 'specific OEM replacement', normal multi use relays (noted as such) do have it marked.. it just doesn't happen, all have a rating.. but hey... I don't have it in hand.
https://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=221&osCsid=qkQB4H2LYWebsxMNmwL442

looked at AutoZone, most if not all of them are 20A, and will be fine... (i have one in my garage stuff right now, and it's marked tho, and I got it at A/Z)

glad you got it fixed tho. :thumbs:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3207 on: August 31, 2018, 06:13:31 pm »
I miss Radio Shack.... well, at least back when it really was Radio Shack
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3208 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:06 pm »
I miss Radio Shack.... well, at least back when it really was Radio Shack

you and I both... but then, it was like once every 5 years when you needed something you walked in, and MAYBE found it....( no kid, I don't need your help... I can find it if it's on the damned shelf.....)

but, alas, the one on my corner is gone...

they wouldn't have that relay anyway, it's automotive quality...
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :stirpot: :stirpot: :deadhorse:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline PH14

« Reply #3209 on: August 31, 2018, 09:24:11 pm »
Gary's horn harness uses a 30A NC / 20A NO relay, very common.. can buy it lots of places...
I have trouble believing the relay you bought, had no ratings printed on it...unless it was a 'specific OEM replacement', normal multi use relays (noted as such) do have it marked.. it just doesn't happen, all have a rating.. but hey... I don't have it in hand.
https://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=221&osCsid=qkQB4H2LYWebsxMNmwL442

looked at AutoZone, most if not all of them are 20A, and will be fine... (i have one in my garage stuff right now, and it's marked tho, and I got it at A/Z)

glad you got it fixed tho. :thumbs:

Many relays sold as an OEM replacement, do not have the rating printed on them. This one did have the basic diagram for the pin outs though, but no ratings, and none in the box. I know they are common, but I wanted one today, I have plenty of sources for them online and locally if I order, but with the holiday weekend, it would take awhile. I can get the same one Murph's sells from Mouser for $2.54, other places, less than $2. I just wanted one today. This was the only one they had in stock, of any 5 pin 1 Form C relay, so that was my choice.

If it fails, it would just weld itself closed and the horn would sound until I pull over and pull the relay.   :D I'm sure it will be fine. I doubt it has a resistor like the one from Murph's, but that isn't necessary for this application.