Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 692998 times)

Offline rwnielsen

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #750 on: February 27, 2015, 01:51:35 am »
I put a 2 Brothers can on and got rid of that cartoonist looking contraption. Very simple to do,  even more so the second time when I mounted it straight. Next up... move the Adaptiv over to the right side and mount my antique Zumo 550 on the left. I'm embarrassed to ask but,  where is the key lock for the seat? All I have is the owners manual and the picture is less than ideal.
Thanks
Richard

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #751 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:51 am »
if you get that MOT'ed, then why not go the whole why and get M134s on each side? One forward, one backwards. Like those mototerminators in T4 Salvation (although those were Ducati's).

:thumbs: I like the way you think!
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #752 on: February 27, 2015, 04:52:05 am »
I put a 2 Brothers can on and got rid of that cartoonist looking contraption. Very simple to do,  even more so the second time when I mounted it straight. Next up... move the Adaptiv over to the right side and mount my antique Zumo 550 on the left. I'm embarrassed to ask but,  where is the key lock for the seat? All I have is the owners manual and the picture is less than ideal.
Thanks
Richard

Left side of the bike. below the seat and just in front of the left bag.

You can see it in this pic, the extreme right side of the pic. Click to zoom and then scroll to the right.

Damn that's a good lookin bike!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #753 on: February 27, 2015, 05:54:41 am »
while I didn't do this today, it was a combination of last weekend and tomorrow. Changed out the pipe for a two brothers carbon black series, BMC air filter and just got my ecu back from Guhl yesterday so that will be going in tomorrow.

feb 2nd I ordered my seat from Corbin, still waiting on that and was told Tuesday by them that another couple weeks. I hope dealing with them wasn't a mistake as they seem to be in a now rush, when I ordered it they told me 3-4 weeks...it is starting to feel more like 2-3 months!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #754 on: February 27, 2015, 06:58:45 am »
while I didn't do this today, it was a combination of last weekend and tomorrow. Changed out the pipe for a two brothers carbon black series, BMC air filter and just got my ecu back from Guhl yesterday so that will be going in tomorrow.

feb 2nd I ordered my seat from Corbin, still waiting on that and was told Tuesday by them that another couple weeks. I hope dealing with them wasn't a mistake as they seem to be in a now rush, when I ordered it they told me 3-4 weeks...it is starting to feel more like 2-3 months!

It took 3 or 4 weeks to get mine but rest assured, it will come and the quality is outstanding.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #755 on: February 27, 2015, 07:07:43 am »
I know it will get here eventually....im like a 8 year old waiting for Christmas, Good thing I ordered it during the winter! Now im thinking I might call and have them send me the passenger backrest for it also..never know when the wife might decide to get back on a bike again.

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #756 on: February 27, 2015, 07:37:36 am »
Thanks Conrad  :)

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #757 on: February 27, 2015, 08:24:58 am »
I couldn't tell you. My drinking got away from me a LONG time ago so I had to quit. You know the guy that turns in to a real  :censored: when he drinks? That's me. If you think I'm bad now, add alcohol and see what happens....

We run in the same crowd :)

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #758 on: February 27, 2015, 09:47:15 pm »
Left side of the bike. below the seat and just in front of the left bag.

You can see it in this pic, the extreme right side of the pic. Click to zoom and then scroll to the right.

Damn that's a good lookin bike!

+1  Conrad
Looks like my twin used to.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2015, 06:11:15 pm »
Bar risers, Grip Puppies, and a pair of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #760 on: March 02, 2015, 07:00:28 pm »
Bar risers, Grip Puppies, and a pair of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

Nice add-ons Bill! How are those light bulbs? Can you see a difference in them?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #761 on: March 02, 2015, 07:20:24 pm »
They seem to be better. I'm gonna withhold judgement until I get a chance to ride where there is nominal light from street lights etc.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #762 on: March 03, 2015, 01:03:04 pm »
Rain went away, sun dried the roads, so a ride was in order.  Visited a dealer friend and checked out the new Super Duke and Duke 690.  So sweet. Also drooled over a 2015 Montesa Cota 4RT260  trials bike. (160lbs)

Lots of wind and traffic, but the back roads were a welcome sight.  Hope all that snow and mess so many are dealing with will go away soon.  Should have never happened in the first place, with Global Warming and all.....tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Diamondhead

« Reply #763 on: March 03, 2015, 02:56:02 pm »
What does the gas cap mod enable one to do? Remove the key with the cap open??

Ill start off with my list ...

* Wash and wax
* Gas cap mod
* Handlebar risers
* Throttlemeister
* Tankslapper paint protection
* Partial de-badging. Removed those huge Kawasaki letters.

I have new grips that I was wanting to install, but was severely depressed to find out that it is the actual grip itself that is heated and not an element inserted inside the bar end. I really hate the stock grips!! They are very uncomfortable without gloves on.

Tomorrow it will be a fender extender and Canyon cages, and Phil's rack
Sport-Touracologist

2010 Candy Neptune Blue
05 C10 gone but not forgotten

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #764 on: March 03, 2015, 02:58:57 pm »
No, we can already do that.

The mod. allows the fuel cap to be closed without the key being in it, which cannot be done on a stock bike.

Brian

What does the gas cap mod enable one to do? Remove the key with the cap open??
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com