Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 693065 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2014, 07:34:29 am »
There is the LSL handle bar option from Murph. http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=387
I ended up with an LSL adapter/riser with old model C10 Helibars which works well for me. I think you can contact Spiegler...
http://www.spieglerusa.com/ ....and buy just the adapter/riser and then buy this... http://www.dx.com/p/moxi-universal-aluminum-alloy-steering-handle-bar-for-motorcycle-black-308489#.VAuGPPmwK7g .... Just a few more options.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2014, 08:53:28 am »
Woke up to 3"  of crystalline water ice with another 3"-6" in the forecast. Going to add http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=737172&productVariantId=1209999&WT.srch=1&WT.tsrc=PPC&rid=20&WT.mc_id=GOOGLE%7C19357_Boating+Outboards+%26+Accessories_Oil%2C+Lubes%2C+%26+Fuel+Additives%7CUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=43700001029337046&gclid=CJ3guvag3MECFUxsfgodDZ4A1g&gclsrc=aw.ds
and a oil and drive train fluid change. Then make a cover out of a old Canvas Gazeboo cover, put her on stands and give her a hug for the winter sleep. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:51:51 am by Rubberdown »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »
Replaced the front wheel bearings.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2014, 12:15:04 pm »
Installed a Throttlemeister.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:51 pm »
Installed a Throttlemeister.
Wonder if it took you as long as me to install. 10 mins tops, including changing the original count on the spacers. Didn't use the provided sleeve, was no need for it.  :chugbeer:

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #215 on: November 03, 2014, 08:47:13 am »
Yeah, about ten or fifteen minutes. I had to fiddle a bit with the number/thickness of the spacers. I'm still not satisfied with how quickly the throttle will close with the Throttlemeister dis-engaged. If I adjust it so the throttle snaps closed, then there isn't enough drag to keep the throttle open when the Throttlemesister is engaged.

I'll keep fiddling with it.

I didn't use the sleeve, either.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2014, 04:46:31 am »
I didn't use the sleeve when I installed my Throttlemesister either.

Gotta wash the bike today. There are SO many bugs plastered to the front that I can hardly see through the windshield.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2014, 05:57:55 am »
Why?  Bugs give a bike character, plus all the pretty colors.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2014, 06:16:45 am »
 ;D
Like riding a multie coloured pinto. Or you can connect the dots and see what you come up with.
 ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2014, 07:57:13 am »
Excellent idea!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2014, 08:41:27 am »
;D
Like riding a multie coloured pinto. Or you can connect the dots and see what you come up with.
 ;)

Maybe I'll connect the dots with a few more bugs before I wash her!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »
Why?  Bugs give a bike character, plus all the pretty colors.

You should see what my screen was like at night when I went through a swarm of lightening bugs...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2014, 07:20:48 pm »
You should see what my screen was like at night when I went through a swarm of lightening bugs...

The Concours can certainly use quite a few lightening bugs  :thumbs:  ;)

Offline tomp

« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2014, 07:28:08 pm »
The Concours can certainly use quite a few lightening bugs  :thumbs:  ;)

Had to think about the word a while.  Gotta love the interweb...  Your play on words was great and appropriate...

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/lightening-vs-lightning/

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2014, 08:04:15 pm »
Had to think about the word a while.  Gotta love the interweb...  Your play on words was great and appropriate...

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/lightening-vs-lightning/

:)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc