Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 683000 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #630 on: February 01, 2015, 10:38:01 pm »
Went for a back roads ride this afternoon.  Just wondering, when you see a long, straight, empty road ahead, can you resist the need to roll back on the throttle, and see the speedo way above the 110+ MPH  mark?  It's only on the C14 that this happens for me.  Am I normal, or is this just me, refusing to accept getting old???  I do hope others get the same urge as I do.  Would hate to get rid of this bike, because it is taking over my free will, when riding, yet allowing me to retain just some of my youth and insane enjoyment of life................... ;D
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #631 on: February 02, 2015, 03:27:12 am »
Went for a back roads ride this afternoon.  Just wondering, when you see a long, straight, empty road ahead, can you resist the need to roll back on the throttle, and see the speedo way above the 110+ MPH  mark?  It's only on the C14 that this happens for me.  Am I normal, or is this just me, refusing to accept getting old???  I do hope others get the same urge as I do.  Would hate to get rid of this bike, because it is taking over my free will, when riding, yet allowing me to retain just some of my youth and insane enjoyment of life................... ;D

You're not alone tomp....I can't resist either!! The sickness runs DEEP...lol.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #632 on: February 02, 2015, 05:41:27 am »

It's the need for speed and it's in our blood.    ;D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #633 on: February 02, 2015, 06:13:08 am »
I have to agree, the need for speed is a desire that runs deep within, and there is only one cure, TWIST!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #634 on: February 02, 2015, 06:38:30 am »

Me too. Turned out to be a nice day in Texas and did some back roads south of Austin. And yes coming out of some of those turns onto empty straights...  TWIST!!!!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #635 on: February 02, 2015, 06:42:34 am »
I have to agree, the need for speed is a desire that runs deep within, and there is only one cure, TWIST!

And repeat as often as necessary.   :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

elp_jc

« Reply #636 on: February 02, 2015, 01:38:59 pm »
Yep, if I couldn't ride the twisties aggressively, and ride fast (love cruising at the ton, with some WOT blasts here and there), I wouldn't own a motorcycle. I'm definitely not a cruiser guy, and don't see myself buying one ever. Had my brother's brand-new, fully-decked 2014 Harley Street Glide Special (the one with navigation, stereo, cruise control, etc) for months at my house, and just couldn't get used to that gynecological riding position. Nor the ultra limited cornering clearance, and very modest speed/acceleration. Hope to be able to keep the new Connie for a long time. If I need to raise the bars and lower the pegs later on, so be it. I'd still be able to corner, accelerate, and ride MUCH faster than on any cruiser 8). A full-on tourer could be my last bike, but don't want to think about that now ;). And VERY glad to see many folks into their 60s still riding the Connie, meaning I still have at least a decade left of sport-touring (God willing). Have a great week ahead gang.

sailor_chic

« Reply #637 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:58 pm »
Rostra installed, and working! It was quite a project, but IMO, it turned out great.

Offline tomp

« Reply #638 on: February 04, 2015, 09:06:07 pm »
Rostra installed, and working! It was quite a project, but IMO, it turned out great.
Congrats.  Did you get the tires for this weekend's trip?
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #639 on: February 04, 2015, 09:11:19 pm »

Yay!  Sounds scary enough I will probably never attempt it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #640 on: February 04, 2015, 09:44:52 pm »

Good job,  S_C !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:22:26 am by Deziner »
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2015, 09:09:09 am »
Thanks guys!

Tires arrive today, and doubtful if they will get out on today. Weekend ride is only for 300 miles tomorrow. My riding buddy cant do a multi-day trip due to other circumstances.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #642 on: February 05, 2015, 10:10:44 am »
C'mon Nicole, you are holding back..... now show them the photos of the install! All you other people should be ashamed of yourselves (OK, me too.... OK, me at the head of the group  :-[  ) after you see the installation of the Rostra (and other farkles) on that bike. Especially the wiring- note how the wires are routed and the overall neatness of the job. Excellent work Nicole!

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #643 on: February 05, 2015, 11:03:33 am »
Would love to see those pics. The wires on my Rostra look like a rats nest.  :-[

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #644 on: February 05, 2015, 12:13:18 pm »
The wires on my Rostra look like a rats nest.  :-[

I often promise myself that the next time I have some covers off, that I'll redo the Rostra wiring and make it neater...then when the covers are off I take a look at it and say....nahhh maybe next time. That big plastic cover is hiding a rat's nest on my bike as well, and it's much worse now than that photo shows, because I've installed additional wiring for lighting. To ease my guilt of not correcting the wiring mess I did install a lot of labels so that I at least had a chance of success should I actually go in there again and fix it nice and neat. Maybe when I do the next air cleaner change this spring?....nahhh maybe the time after that. ::)