Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 682617 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #810 on: March 06, 2015, 04:06:38 pm »
Thanks! Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.
If you do, enjoy.  I always do.  Find some back roads to get there, that's half the fun.  Eating, the other. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #811 on: March 06, 2015, 04:59:41 pm »
If you do, enjoy.  I always do.  Find some back roads to get there, that's half the fun.  Eating, the other.

Always! Its about the journey, the destination is just an excuse to make the journey.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #812 on: March 06, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »
I heard it makes you think you are smarter.

::)

Or perhaps it makes people more tolerant.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #813 on: March 06, 2015, 05:43:11 pm »
::)

Or perhaps it makes people more tolerant.
Tolerance is overrated.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline tomp

« Reply #814 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:22 pm »
Tolerance is overrated.
+1.  Seems it works only one way today.  Be tolerant of everyone else, because no one will be tolerant of you..... tp

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #815 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:35 pm »
You should have seen my 6 car pass today in the Trans Am!
I was done tolerating them. 8)

Love that car. 8)
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #816 on: March 06, 2015, 08:27:06 pm »
Flushed the brakes and put 55 PR4GT on the rear.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #817 on: March 07, 2015, 06:05:37 pm »
Flushed the clutch fluid. Great success!

To make a long story short, I dredged up some memories from when I was an auto mechanic. A certain type of vehicle I worked on was a p.i.t.a. to flush the clutch hydraulics on until an old dude schooled me up. He said to have someone put light pressure on the clutch pedal then slowly crack open the bleeder. Then DO NOT depress the clutch pedal more than half way, then close the bleeder. Wait about 15 seconds and do it again. Repeat as many times as necessary. I don't know if it was that process that worked for me today or if I got WAY lucky. Either way, I had no problem flushing the clutch system with just a wrench and a piece of vinyl tubing into a empty can.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #818 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15:55 pm »
Went for a brief ride.  A nice time was had. Just city riding, but no close calls, which was good.  100% chance of rain for the next three days, so no riding to work those days.  A great week to all.   

REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS AND WATCHES...

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #819 on: March 07, 2015, 07:16:05 pm »
Road in to the local Kaw. Dealer and dropped the Connie off for the rear break recall. Since I had already called last month about it they had the parts. Did the recall while I waited. Sweet!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:22:50 pm by Cruise Missile »

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
« Reply #820 on: March 07, 2015, 09:30:10 pm »
I picked up my new red color 2014 ZG1400 . Had all the farkles transferred from the 2009 to the new motor.  Rode it home, the long way. About a hundred miles or so. Then proceeded to put on the new "Real Time Industries" Panier reflective stickers. The Givi top box and checked to make sure the brake lights worked. Installed the new "Grip Puppies" and "Throttle Rocker"  Re-torqued the MC Enterprises Crash guards fore and aft. Clean the new motor and put her away for the night.  Tomorrow Tech Spec "Sharkskin" tank protectors and a new front "Fenda Extenda" and that should round out the farkle installation.  Then a nice ride to recheck all the systems. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:37:19 am by sf bay rider »
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #821 on: March 07, 2015, 09:41:57 pm »
^^^^ SWEET! !!!

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #822 on: March 07, 2015, 11:54:09 pm »
Took it off the stands, installed the battery, set the clock and windshield presets, started it and listened to that sweet sound. Ahhhhhhhh missed that
Chipped and salted a length of ice in the alley to get it out to the street for tomorrow. 
 8) ;D ;D therapy session tomorrow, Couple hours on the highway should do nicely.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #823 on: March 08, 2015, 07:22:01 am »
I picked up my new red color 2014 ZG1400 . Had all the farkles transferred from the 2009 to the new motor.  Rode it home, the long way. About a hundred miles or so. Then proceeded to put on the new "Real Time Industries" Panier reflective stickers. The Givi top box and checked to make sure the break lights worked. Installed the new "Grip Puppies" and "Throttle Rocker"  Re-torqued the MC Enterprises Crash guards fore and aft. Clean the new motor and put her away for the night.  Tomorrow Tech Spec "Sharkskin" tank protectors and a new front "Fenda Extenda" and that should round out the farkle installation.  Then a nice ride to recheck all the systems.
Spelling police here. It's brake lights.
Unless you have a light for when you smoke a  cigar.
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
« Reply #824 on: March 08, 2015, 11:38:02 am »
Spelling police here. It's brake lights.
Unless you have a light for when you smoke a  cigar.

Noted and edited. Thank you. Now time to put on the new" Sharkskin" tank protectors and ride.
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL