Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 692588 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #930 on: March 17, 2015, 08:48:33 am »
That's because the bugs know that more cold weather is coming again soon.  Gonna be 80 here today, and it's a day off for me.  Hope to get a ride in, too.

You're right, it's below freezing again today... 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #931 on: March 17, 2015, 08:51:34 am »
65 here now. Supposed to get into the 70's but I think I'm going to get wet on the commute home. I think I'll leave early before the whisky and stout start flowing.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #932 on: March 17, 2015, 09:17:32 am »
Was that one of the 'always engaged' four wheel drives?

No.  There was a transfer case.  Just full time hubs on that one. 
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline tomp

« Reply #933 on: March 18, 2015, 08:21:03 pm »
Rained hard  here today, so no commuting.  Raining til Sunday, will ride to work then. 

Anyone seen this article/ride blog?  Well written and interesting.  If he is a member here, I'm unaware.  tomp

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014/06/24/solo-soul-searching-liebacks-cross-country-blog-updated-daily/
Living in the Texas Coast...

elp_jc

« Reply #934 on: March 19, 2015, 12:39:58 pm »
Anyone seen this article/ride blog?
Quit reading it after day 2. Little to no info about the Connie; just another generic ride tale, also with little to no information about the roads themselves (not my thing). Hopefully others will find it more interesting :). But thanks for posting it Tomp.

Offline tomp

« Reply #935 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:59 pm »
Quit reading it after day 2. Little to no info about the Connie; just another generic ride tale, also with little to no information about the roads themselves (not my thing). Hopefully others will find it more interesting :). But thanks for posting it Tomp.

Set aside some time to read this, then.  Just read the author's posts, and be be prepared to be drawn into the emotion of this rider's trip.  You will hopefully feel like you were there too.  At least that's what an untold number of commenters state throughout the thread, me included...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831213

A two word spoiler from the report,  "cleavage juice".   It will  make sense, down the written road.   tomp

elp_jc

« Reply #936 on: March 21, 2015, 12:33:41 pm »
Needed to get my new baby filled up with fuel, along with stabilizer, since I don't know how long it will take me to ride again. Shouldn't have done it in my condition, but man, felt great to ride those 10 miles ;D. Can't wait to take it on its first trip; hopefully by the fall, to Alpine, AZ. Have a great weekend folks.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #937 on: March 21, 2015, 12:44:01 pm »
Any rides a good ride. Had ingunal hernia surgery last year and was riding 4 days after. Made it about 5 clicks before turning around, paid for it for a few days, but in the end it was worth it.  ::)
Cheers elp_jc my thoughts are with you.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #938 on: March 21, 2015, 01:10:31 pm »
I washed mine this morning. ::)
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg

Offline tomp

« Reply #939 on: March 21, 2015, 01:15:19 pm »
A day off, and it's been raining since before 5AM.  At least the rain will be gone for a few days, and commuting by bike instead of car will happen.  A great week to all.   tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #940 on: March 21, 2015, 04:05:21 pm »
ELP, Glad to hear that you are doing well enough to at least go for a 10 mile ride. You'll be up and going before you know it.

Offline tomp

« Reply #941 on: March 21, 2015, 04:12:13 pm »
ELP, Glad to hear that you are doing well enough to at least go for a 10 mile ride. You'll be up and going before you know it.
I was thinking the same thing.  Just wondering if his off time was due to work or treatments?  No platitudes, but elp, you will kick this chit, I do believe.   tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #942 on: March 21, 2015, 04:21:22 pm »
The past few days have been busy. I installed some new earrings (Danali D2 lights) on my bike. I used the PCA mirror mounts also. Of course I cant just do a simple wiring project, I have to make a big deal out of it and try to be different. I also rewired my Fuzeblock so that it wont come on until the engine starts. Previously it would power up and start my GPS as soon as I turned the key on. It was really a pain in the butt!
Then today I took my wheels off the bike again and had them re-balanced. I was getting a high speed wobble that needed to go away. So while I had the wheels off, I pulled the final drive and greased the one end of the drive shaft.
Of course upon reassemby, I had to go for a test ride to see if the boys at Kawi balanced the wheels perfectly. Sure enough, no wobble at all now. So then when I came back home, I pulled into the garage, and Mr. Vmax was giving me those sad puppy eyes, with feelings of neglect. So immediately jumped onto that one and went for a nice ride in some very desolate back roads. I believe the term is to blow the carbon off the tops of the pistons? Well I really dont think that there was much build-up on them, but I can certainly tell you now, that there ain't no carbon in that bike anymore!! I wound that thing up tight MANY times, and smiling the whole time.
This gets me thinking... does a serious ride like that do the same thing to the heart as it does to the pistons?  You know, blow the cholesterol out of the veins/heart. Bottom line, fun afternoon! And I can also say that a good hard run on the Vmax is the best way to get the stainless pipes back to their original color. No yellowing on them for now.

Offline tomp

« Reply #943 on: March 21, 2015, 04:35:12 pm »
The past few days have been busy. I installed some new earrings (Danali D2 lights) on my bike. I used the PCA mirror mounts also. Of course I cant just do a simple wiring project, I have to make a big deal out of it and try to be different. I also rewired my Fuzeblock so that it wont come on until the engine starts. Previously it would power up and start my GPS as soon as I turned the key on. It was really a pain in the butt!
Then today I took my wheels off the bike again and had them re-balanced. I was getting a high speed wobble that needed to go away. So while I had the wheels off, I pulled the final drive and greased the one end of the drive shaft.
Of course upon reassemby, I had to go for a test ride to see if the boys at Kawi balanced the wheels perfectly. Sure enough, no wobble at all now. So then when I came back home, I pulled into the garage, and Mr. Vmax was giving me those sad puppy eyes, with feelings of neglect. So immediately jumped onto that one and went for a nice ride in some very desolate back roads. I believe the term is to blow the carbon off the tops of the pistons? Well I really dont think that there was much build-up on them, but I can certainly tell you now, that there ain't no carbon in that bike anymore!! I wound that thing up tight MANY times, and smiling the whole time.
This gets me thinking... does a serious ride like that do the same thing to the heart as it does to the pistons?  You know, blow the cholesterol out of the veins/heart. Bottom line, fun afternoon! And I can also say that a good hard run on the Vmax is the best way to get the stainless pipes back to their original color. No yellowing on them for now

Nicole, when are you going to marry me and make all my life and motorcycle dreams come true?  OK, I know that's never gonna happen, but could you possibly clone yourself?  This getting old without an understanding lady is getting really OLD.   Hope your time off is wonderfully enjoyable.   

FWIW, Listening to this while typing.  1972, and sooo cool.... Hope you enjoy it too.  tp 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo8FpSFUsbM

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #944 on: March 21, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »
Nicole, when are you going to marry me and make all my life and motorcycle dreams come true?  OK, I know that's never gonna happen, but could you possibly clone yourself?  This getting old without an understanding lady is getting really OLD.   Hope your time off is wonderfully enjoyable.   

FWIW, Listening to this while typing.  1972, and sooo cool.... Hope you enjoy it too.  tp 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo8FpSFUsbM
Put me next in line.
Even though my Wife is perfect. She gave up riding a couple of years back. I really wish She would just try the Connie. I know she would love it.
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg