Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 684716 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1275 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:17 pm »
Sort of a spare. I've been contemplating paint and I think I'll start amassing parts and pieces.

I also scored a top tripple clamp. The handlebar project will begin in ernest when that is on my bench. I have lots of ideas, one or two may even be good ones.  8)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1276 on: May 26, 2015, 01:44:37 pm »
Sort of a spare. I've been contemplating paint and I think I'll start amassing parts and pieces.

I also scored a top tripple clamp. The handlebar project will begin in ernest when that is on my bench. I have lots of ideas, one or two may even be good ones.  8)
:popcorn:
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1277 on: May 26, 2015, 02:38:55 pm »
Rode yesterday, before the rain.  So much flooding here this AM, that the bike remained in the garage.  Need to get the dead bugs off the windshield....tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #1278 on: May 26, 2015, 03:28:15 pm »
Not a dang blamed thing.  It's kinda deep in the shed even.
This week the XS's got the lions share.  Returned a long ignored garage queen to the road, about filled a 8.5 x 11 detailing the wake up drill.  But she runs great.  The shakedown cruise was 40 miles, and it purred. 

Then the nephew's ninja 500 got tires chain and sprockets. It got a carb go through 2 weeks ago.  The Roadstar got it's badly needed rear tire.  Next up a fresh final drive into the K1200LT.  Then it's into the K bike brakes to find the source of the fluid pouring out of the tupperware. I did ride the C14 one time last week!

08B 73.5K miles

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1279 on: May 26, 2015, 03:51:24 pm »
Washed the Concours on Sunday!  Then went out for a ride with a friend and a friend of a friend (foaf).  The foaf was riding some dual-sport thing (Honda) with a seat height a few inches ABOVE  my belly button and knobby tires.  He claims he lowered the bike!  I think it was a thumper (inline 2 cyl).  He was pulling wheelies half the time- I think it must be easy on a very tall, light, narrow wheelbase bike like that.

Anyway, it was a nice ride.  Tried out my new tinted face shield, too. 

Oh, and I flipped 15K miles on the trip.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1280 on: May 26, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »
Maxtog, sounds like an XR650.  It's a single cylinder 650, but with dual exhaust header pipes.  Seat height is like 37".  I looked at one, but couldn't touch the ground w both feet.  More "off roadable"  than a KLR650...  See if you can shag a ride on it sometime. They are a blast on dirt/gravel roads.   tomp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1281 on: May 26, 2015, 05:38:51 pm »
Maxtog, sounds like an XR650.  It's a single cylinder 650, but with dual exhaust header pipes.

I just looked at a picture of the XR650, yes, it did look very similar to that.  I can't be sure, though.

Seat height is like 37".  I looked at one, but couldn't touch the ground w both feet.  More "off roadable"  than a KLR650...  See if you can shag a ride on it sometime. They are a blast on dirt/gravel roads

You are kidding right?  Remember the part about the "lowered" seat being inches ABOVE my belly button?  And that was when I was wearing the raised boots.....  no way I could ride that thing!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1282 on: May 26, 2015, 06:26:44 pm »
I just looked at a picture of the XR650, yes, it did look very similar to that.  I can't be sure, though.

You are kidding right?  Remember the part about the "lowered" seat being inches ABOVE my belly button?  And that was when I was wearing the raised boots.....  no way I could ride that thing!

Here Ya go.  This may help.  http://www.hayneedle.com/product/horsemenspridethreestepmountingstep.cfm?redirect=false&source=pla&kwid=LargeAnimals_HORS002&tid=HORS002-6&adtype=pla&kw=&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=HORS002-6&gclid=CJ-zjb_U4MUCFcOJaQod_WsAyw

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1283 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:10 pm »
Made a dash visor ala Sgt Mac (great idea Sarge!) and installed my V-Stream  :banana
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1284 on: May 29, 2015, 08:51:05 pm »
Washed all the bugs off the screen, checked it for loose bits, in preparations for a 2 day mountain ride.
Have to break in those new PR4GT'S, heavy rain for tomorrow, I really enjoy riding in the rain through the Rockies  8)  ;D   

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1285 on: May 30, 2015, 12:39:34 pm »
Rode it up to Bradford, PA yesterday and rode back home today.  Clutch felt a bit funny first thing this morning but felt better as the day went on.  I think I'll give it a bleed and see what's up with it.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1286 on: May 30, 2015, 07:30:32 pm »
Bradford, Pa. The home of the world's finest lighters!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1287 on: May 31, 2015, 05:49:27 am »
Yeah, we stayed at a place pretty close to the factory.  I kept on asking if they were going to see it and no one was interested.  I even got a 'What's a Zippo?'.  I've been through it before and even bought a lighter from them...   Oh well.  It was a three day ride event but I could only really be there for the ride to the hotel.  I've rode with them since '95 and I learned my riding style from them.  Great bunch of people.  I haven't ridden with them in probably 5 years since I moved back into VA.  I nearly cried I was so happy.  Found a great place to eat in walking distance of the hotel.. 

Kabob's at the Option House - although I didn't eat anything Mediterranean.  The inside is beautiful as is the outside.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1288 on: June 03, 2015, 02:22:04 pm »
I have a Zippo that I carried so long that every bit of chrome is worn off. Love that lighter.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1289 on: June 03, 2015, 02:23:56 pm »
My "spare" tank arrived today. Very minor rust inside. The paint itself is showroom perfect! Score!