Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 693479 times)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3315 on: March 18, 2019, 07:32:51 am »
I rode it! I think it has been close to 5 months since the last ride. We have had so much rain in California and when it wasn't raining, it was cold or windy or I was having a back issue or something.

So I finally got back in the saddle this morning to ride to work. This afternoon is going to be absolutely perfect with sunny and 77° F.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, StreetFX LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3316 on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:12 pm »
Here in KC it's been under the average for months! And the roads are covered in sand. Tags are due in Missouri next month!
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3317 on: April 02, 2019, 06:07:43 pm »
Installed the battery about a week ago, only to discover that it's kinda dead -- at least dead enough for the ECU to tell me, "Hey! Your battery is LOW!"

I have another Scorpion battery waiting in the wings on a charger, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe tomorrow.

None of that precluded me from riding - I just want to have a basically full-up battery before I take a longish-type ride.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3318 on: April 15, 2019, 04:47:36 pm »
I got a nice spirited ride in on the local twisted pavement yesterday. When I got home, I placed an order for an Akraprovic slip on, then pulled my ECU, boxed it up in bubble wrap. Today, I shipped the ECU off to Ivan for his flash. I am REALLY looking forward to the rest of this riding season now! Going to do an oil change while I wait for the exhaust and ECU. I have a new set of Angel GT’s in the garage on stand by.  :thumbs:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Freddy

« Reply #3319 on: April 15, 2019, 06:23:28 pm »
I think you have the wrong address on the box.  When Ivan gets it tell him you've changed your mind and to send it back.  Then address it to Steve in Florida.

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

Do some more research. 
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3320 on: April 15, 2019, 06:42:37 pm »
I have researched it. Been reading up on all three of them the entire 15 months I’ve owned the bike.  The things I’ve read are the reasons I sent it to Ivan! I’m not going to get into an ECU flash war here. You will just have to take my word that I did extensive research on several websites before I made my decision.

My main reason for changing the exhaust was to get rid of the big ugly potato cannon they use for stock exhaust. I don’t really want it to be a lot louder than stock. I really thought that if I gave it enough time, maybe... just maybe, the looks of the stock exhaust would grow on me. 15 months later... nope, not happening!

I like the numbers I’ve seen with the Area P full system, but again, not the best looking exhaust. Out of the aftermarket exhaust available, I think the Akraprovic looks the best and seems to be one of the quieter exhaust available. It doesn’t hurt that there are some slight performance gains with it as well.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline Freddy

« Reply #3321 on: April 15, 2019, 07:54:39 pm »
 :thumbs:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3322 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:39 am »
Nice, relaxed 110 mile ride two days ago (before the monsoons came) up in the pre-Ozarks. Lots of really nice roads, very little traffic.

Gonna change out the battery later today. Tried to keep it one more year, but no dice. The bike starts, but I get the "low battery" warning. I've had a replacement Skorp on a tender for some time now.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3323 on: April 20, 2019, 08:09:16 pm »
Installed my flashed ECU and Akrapovic slip on exhaust. It really woke this bike up! Very happy with the results.

Haven’t decided if I am going to leave the baffles (DB Killers) out or not. It has a really good sound with them out, but it is a little louder than I was wanting. A few more rides and I’ll make up my mind...
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline Jethrobolas

« Reply #3324 on: April 21, 2019, 11:35:39 am »
Mounted Phil’s rack and rails. Installed the little rubber strip with 3 raised holes that sits between windshield and metal windshield mount as I found one missing after I brought the bike home. Ordered something from someone somewhere today, hopefully it shows up and I will update this post. If not, I will update this post.
Great site you have here.
2012 covered in dust from the baby chicks🐤 in my shop, black and stock besides tires. And rack and rails....

Offline JerBear

« Reply #3325 on: April 23, 2019, 07:27:59 pm »
Took off the plastics for changing the air filter and coolant change and Throttle Body adjustment.  I got the filter in but ran out of daylight and it was getting late anyway.  Tomorrow I'll get the hoses on and the coolant change done.  Darn shame work has to keep getting in the way of progress  :D

I'm very surprised how much has to be done for just an air filter :o it had to come off anyway for the other stuff but it's too involved for a simple air filter change!
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3326 on: April 23, 2019, 08:43:11 pm »
Took off the plastics for changing the air filter and coolant change and Throttle Body adjustment.  I got the filter in but ran out of daylight and it was getting late anyway.  Tomorrow I'll get the hoses on and the coolant change done.  Darn shame work has to keep getting in the way of progress  :D

I'm very surprised how much has to be done for just an air filter :o it had to come off anyway for the other stuff but it's too involved for a simple air filter change!

Yeah, you can see why at 9 years and almost 40K miles, I haven't done it. :)  But I did put an air filter in my Amazon cart a month ago.  At some point I hope to get the valves checked, and replace the cam sensor seal, air filter, and coolant.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Jethrobolas

« Reply #3327 on: April 24, 2019, 01:16:25 pm »
Ok, AST Passenger backrest came in today. Nice! Ordered it Sunday I believe? Slapped the base plate under Phil’s rails then slid the big bent backrest pad support in and bolted it in as far back as I was able. Mounted the pad on the stick, took a step back and looked at it without any bags and thought “that completely ruins the lines of the bike”.
Looks good with the Givi 47 top bag. Looks better with momma against it. No bags, no bueno. Fortunately it’s not too hard to pull the rack and then remove the boomerang with the pad leaving the base plate and rails in place, then remounting Phil’s rack, but I am concerned about the threads in the soft aluminum after repeated disassembly/assembly.
I believe the key to my issue is fabricating my own “boomerang” so I can get the pad lower and another half inch/inch back.
As I expected I need to remove the top case to open fully, but I can live with that for now. A smaller boomerang may fix this as well.

Offline JerBear

« Reply #3328 on: April 24, 2019, 06:34:45 pm »
Yeah, you can see why at 9 years and almost 40K miles, I haven't done it. :)  But I did put an air filter in my Amazon cart a month ago.  At some point I hope to get the valves checked, and replace the cam sensor seal, air filter, and coolant.

9 Years and you haven't replaced the air filter!!!  wow, talk about deferred maintenance.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3329 on: April 24, 2019, 06:58:07 pm »
Its not that bad Max! I changed mine the first time by just removing the glovebox and a few odds and ends.

2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1