Author Topic: Givi E55 Luxa topbox install  (Read 2381 times)

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
Givi E55 Luxa topbox install
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:09:25 AM »
So got the e55 luxa model with e112 and e113 preinstalled. Wanted to connect juice to it today but noticed the connector which looks to sandwich between the phils rack and case doesnt fit. No room. Is that a known thing? Or odd mount on my part?
Update:  yes is known, just read phil's sight. Anyone have any good instructions how to mount this puppy?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:10:46 AM by maxtog »
Will

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
Re: Givi E55 Luxa topbox install
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 04:45:27 PM »
ROADIE has discovered, as several others have, that the socket for this accessory is supposed to mate with a socket in the rack. On my rack the location of the socket falls partly on a raised rib and is VERY close to the edge of the rack. I don't recommend trying to cut a hole for the socket since it would weaken the rack.
So what to do?  I've always recommended a simple pull-apart connector similar to a trailer light connector. Does anyone have a good source for an adequate connector?  Some photos of how you did yours would be helpful.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:55:23 AM »
Phil,  what's your  recommendation on the connector location?  should it just be a short pigtail that attaches to the "battery" end right under the rack?  Or is it better to make the pigtail long enough to connect under the seat?

ROADIE has discovered, as several others have, that the socket for this accessory is supposed to mate with a socket in the rack. On my rack the location of the socket falls partly on a raised rib and is VERY close to the edge of the rack. I don't recommend trying to cut a hole for the socket since it would weaken the rack.
So what to do?  I've always recommended a simple pull-apart connector similar to a trailer light connector. Does anyone have a good source for an adequate connector?  Some photos of how you did yours would be helpful.
Will

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:18:58 AM »
I would make it long enough to connect near the front of the rack so you can easily access it when you want to remove the trunk.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com