Author Topic: Women of Concours  (Read 18397 times)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Women of Concours
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:32:13 am »
Just messing with you, Jim. Change it back if you want. I didn't start the thread, just the sheet storm. ;D
The funny thing is, my ZX14R has that same eco warning that you're riding like a girl, and has no secondary map to save fuel. What's the point? ::)

Oh, you wanted to see a pic?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:59:14 am by VirginiaJim »
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg

Offline Charlie747

Re: Women of Concours
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:32:33 am »
Just love that colour and those pipes  :chugbeer:

sailor_chic

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:33:57 am »
I'm confused what the saying "ride like a girl" means?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:36:02 am »
Yeah, what she said... :) considering she rides a V-Max as well... :popcorn: :popcorn:
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:45:34 am »
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline sche202460

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 09:47:36 am »
Learned something with this post trust the pros in this case, they are right. Used up gas in bike and filled filled up few miles and it went off.
some folks can justify need for fast bike the minute they open their mouth!

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 10:39:59 am »

Old school from the old boys club!

Doesn't carry as much weight as it use to, considering the women that race sport bikes today.

sailor_chic

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 12:13:04 pm »
Yeah, what she said... :) considering she rides a V-Max as well... :popcorn: :popcorn:

And I have snapped a couple of drive shafts on my Vmax leaving stop lights too hard. Time to grow up and slow down I guess.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 12:13:57 pm »
In some circles that is referred to as the "Barbie light"
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Jim H

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 12:47:33 pm »
And I have snapped a couple of drive shafts on my Vmax leaving stop lights too hard. Time to grow up and slow down I guess.

I did that once about 4 blocks from my old house.....a couple of blocks uphill pushing it....thought I was going to die!  LOL
Ever since then I knew the secret to putting them back in.....funny how most don't.   Keep young!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 01:01:11 pm »

LOL!  I was just waiting to see what you would say to his post.  :)  I think in this context, it could be a compliment if we try hard... maybe riding so well that the bike gets all lit up!  Or ECO because of having a lot of sense cents.

(You might be the only woman on the forum?)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 01:29:24 pm »
I did that once about 4 blocks from my old house.....a couple of blocks uphill pushing it....thought I was going to die!  LOL
Ever since then I knew the secret to putting them back in.....funny how most don't.   Keep young!

It's quite humbling coasting to a stop on the side of the road. I think I felt worse about the rapid RED line when they snap.
I think the hard part was removing the remaining shaft still connected inside the swingarm.

LOL!  I was just waiting to see what you would say to his post.  :)  I think in this context, it could be a compliment if we try hard... maybe riding so well that the bike gets all lit up!  Or ECO because of having a lot of sense cents.

(You might be the only woman on the forum?)

Compliment....really reaching,  but okay :) 

I'm unsure if I am the only woman on this forum. I know that there are a couple on the other site.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 01:34:11 pm »
According to the forum stats it takes a lot of men to equal one good women....Male to Female Ratio:   77.5:1  ;)
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »
This does beg the question, what is riding like a girl?  What is the definition of that?  I certainly don't think that riding in 'eco' mode denotes riding like a girl and as I'm writing this I'm not sure that I even understand that that phrase.  I can ride sedately or I can ride spirited with this bike and I do both depending on the situation.  You know, the more I think about that phrase the less I like it for either gender.  And I'd rather be a live girly man, than a dead he man if it means I don't ride around a blind curve at 80+mph without regard for myself or others.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 03:45:25 pm »
Maybe this is what was meant:
Do not try to live forever on this earth. You will not succeed.