Author Topic: Women of Concours  (Read 18161 times)

Offline tomp

Re: Women of Concours
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 07:08:06 pm »
Never been to Big Bend, but have several friends who have been many times.  Until recently, I was a workaholic/dedicated employee.  Got dumped by my company so my accounts could be given to younger reps.  Over 90% of my acct's went with other companies, so my company dumped me for nothing.  Sad part is now I have the time to tour, but not the funds. 

Like you, I am divorced and my boys are grown and gone, too.  Hopefully I will find a new job soon, and actually get vacation days to do some touring.  Only God knows for sure.   Thought you were afloat for a while.  If not yet, have a great time and keep us guys on the straight and narrow. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 07:13:50 pm »
All in good fun Sword Guy. I thought we got that echo thing worked out to the OP's satisfaction.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • "One Slip" Momentary Lapse of Reason --Pink Floyd
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 07:42:27 pm »
... Think Harley rider and what image pops in to your head? ...

My grandmother. Grandpa's name was...

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 07:52:18 pm »

My grandmother. Grandpa's name was...

Rick

Mr. Hall?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »
Mr. Hall?

Mom's side, sorry. Harry, Harlan, Hortense, Harley, Horatio, Oscar. Pick one.

Rick

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 10:12:57 pm »
Just a wild guess here but, Harley?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 10:15:32 pm »

Mom's side, sorry. Harry, Harlan, Hortense, Harley, Horatio, Oscar. Pick one.

Rick
Rick, that was too much, being a grand father myself.  Guess everyone has fun riding Harley's.  Perhaps I need to change my middle name from Eric to Harley. 

Hope all have a great week and pay special attention to that ECO indicator, to improve your MPG.   See how I fit that in, Jim?   

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 11:03:26 pm »
Just a wild guess here but, Harley?

Actually Oscar. But your lead in was too much to pass up ;)

Rick

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 11:38:37 pm »

Old school from the old boys club!

Doesn't carry as much weight as it use to, considering the women that race sport bikes today.

I have always wondered why there are no ladies doing MotoGP or WSBikes? Seems like they would be the ideal weight for those bikes, and find sponsor money easily. The only one I can think of is Melissa Paris in the American Daytona 600 c.c. class who runs back of the pack.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 10:16:05 am »
.... on my small bucket list is riding to Texas and go camp for a couple of nights in Big Bend national park. From what I've read, it's beautiful.
Never been to Big Bend,...   

My dinger sounded...
...did someone say Big Bend?.....I love it out there.....

..so what does this have to do with the (current) topic? (women of Concours until it gets moved or changed)....my wife refers to my motorcycles and Big Bend as my mistresses. (that counts, right?)

..and yes there is sailing there too (of a sort).

Offline tomp

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2015, 10:29:04 am »
Great pics.  BTW, how many ladies are on this site?  I only know of Nicole, but don't go to every section or thread here.  Just curious about C14 riders.  Seen tons of ladies ion cruisers/Harley's, but few on sport or touring bikes. . . tomp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2015, 03:40:43 pm »
Great pics.  BTW, how many ladies are on this site? I only know of Nicole, but don't go to every section or thread here.

I would like to know too.  She is the only one I have heard of on these forums.

Just curious about C14 riders.  Seen tons of ladies ion cruisers/Harley's, but few on sport or touring bikes. . .

That should not be surprising.  The C14 (and other sport touring bikes) is a tall, heavy, and big bike- which is not the demographic that most women would go after.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »
Beautiful pictures Marty! Now I really want to go to Big Bend.

I'm okay with being the token female on here :)
As far as the demographics of the bike,  yes it is a big tall bike, almost to tall for me. But when I was looking for bikes, I wanted something sporty, with luggage and fast! I need my speed fixes.
It's kind of funny when I take my Vmax out and people usually comment on  a woman on a Vmax, and I look at them and tell them that's it's my small bike. The looks and remarks are priceless!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:58:31 pm by sailor_chic »

Offline tomp

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2015, 04:41:19 pm »
I looked for a picture of the token female, but didn't find one.  This is what I currently resemble, with my twin, Big Foot.  I'm too old to be embarrassed, so where is your pic?  Not on a bike with FF helmet, but maybe one in your uniform.  I respect all those who have and are serving our country... tomp

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 05:58:03 pm »
I looked for a picture of the token female, but didn't find one.  This is what I currently resemble, with my twin, Big Foot.  I'm too old to be embarrassed, so where is your pic?  Not on a bike with FF helmet, but maybe one in your uniform.  I respect all those who have and are serving our country... tomp

I agree! Here's me.
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg