Author Topic: So, where did ZG go?  (Read 69831 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: So, where did ZG go?
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2015, 10:33:29 AM »

Possible tweak (blue on top of tank; larger Kawi emblem):

The reason I didn't do the top of the tank blue CSK is my painter only gets all the parts, not the bike nor them mounted on the bike, so being able to have the lines all line up 100% perfect would be quite challenging and could look really bad if even off by a quarter inch or the angle be wrong. Doing the line on the blue section at the top of the inner mids to match up with the upper line and angling it up to the black plastic top covers on those mids was relatively easy to measure and came out perfect, you'd probably have to see it in person though to understand what I'm trying to say... :-\

As for doing bigger Kawi badges, nah, I like using the oem badges, which still makes it look like it could be an actual oem color to folks that might not know any better...  ;) ;D :chugbeer:

Offline salnap

• Springfield MA
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2015, 11:37:56 AM »
Nice!
Old ninja color combo!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
Is it just the perspective that makes the front badge look like Kawasakl ?
Just the angle of that one shot and the shadow I guess GP...  :-\
It looks great in person!  :chugbeer:

The dot of the "i" is attached and the lowered section between the top of the "i" and the dot doesn't show up quite so much in other color combos, but with the contrast between white and black being so high it does look like a "l" instead of "i". Perhaps just a dab of white out correction fluid in the lowered section would be in order just for photos? Staging is everything, so they say.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2015, 05:03:39 PM »
Out in the sun this blue just freakin POPS! Pics don't do it justice... 

I like it
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »
Hmmm, can I see it with the white smuggler on there? (I'm sure you have one right?)  ;D

Actually, I think I agree with you.  If the smuggler were white, it would make the white "stripe" through the bike complete and might look even better!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2015, 12:11:44 AM »
Jay, I liked the silver, the black, the green, the red, but this one looks like something Johnny Cash would write about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
 :o

DAWG GONE IT! RON DAWG. Now you've gone and dawg done it.  >:(

If you can't say sumpin nice..  :-X

He's going to leave us again.  :(
--------------------------------------

I can change things around a lot for different combo's, blue/white/green, blue/white/blue, blue/white red, and solid blue:) :chugbeer:
I'm looking forward to seeing the all blue version.  :popcorn:

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2015, 01:04:22 AM »
For me, a dark color is difficult to change to a light color, but here's the idea:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:51 AM »
For me, a dark color is difficult to change to a light color, but here's the idea:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2015, 03:43:55 AM »
You didn't finish your sentence.

Offline Jim H

« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2015, 04:14:21 AM »
  That does look better.  Gotta give ZG credit,  he definitely is not afraid to try different colors!  Good job ZG!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2015, 05:42:35 AM »
You didn't finish your sentence.

I was in a fragmentary mood.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2015, 07:00:34 AM »

I had some white left over, so I am having another front fender sprayed in white, but I didn't want to do the smuggler trunk in white for 2 reasons, I'd have to buy another smuggler trunk and the large rear Corbin trunk is blue, so when the large trunk is mounted as well the color will flow better.
 :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2015, 07:02:04 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the all blue version.  :popcorn:

Yep, it will be in the rotation FM!  :)

I'm still trying to decide what color wheels would look best though with the solid blue set...  :-\

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2015, 07:03:04 AM »
Gotta give ZG credit,  he definitely is not afraid to try different colors!  Good job ZG!

Thanks Jim!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2015, 07:04:35 AM »
Jay, I liked the silver, the black, the green, the red, but this one looks like something Johnny Cash would write about:

:o

No worries RD, maybe you'll like some of the other combo's that come outa this set!  ;) ;D :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2015, 07:05:57 AM »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »
The dot of the "i" is attached and the lowered section between the top of the "i" and the dot doesn't show up quite so much in other color combos, but with the contrast between white and black being so high it does look like a "l" instead of "i". Perhaps just a dab of white out correction fluid in the lowered section would be in order just for photos? Staging is everything, so they say.

I dropped $10k on this project and you want me to take white type writer correction fluid to it?  :o :banghead:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2015, 07:09:41 AM »
Nice!
Old ninja color combo!

Thanks SN, that's where the inspiration came from indeed!  :) :chugbeer:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2015, 07:13:22 AM »

I dropped $10k on this project and you want me to take white type writer correction fluid to it?  :o :banghead:

What? It's only another $5 on Amazon:rotflmao:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2015, 07:14:24 AM »

Well, I thought even you might be outta money at this point. Apparently not eh?
OK deep pockets, spring for a dab of white Plasti Dip paint and fill in that little low point.