Author Topic: So, where did ZG go?  (Read 56686 times)

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: So, where did ZG go?
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2016, 09:37:16 pm »
Lower seat, I was expecting that*...tee hee.  ;D

(apologies Jay. I couldn't stop myself.)

*post from December

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2016, 10:16:17 pm »
It'll be fun to watch the farkling, however the bar has been set pretty high. Jay can get there if anyone can.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2016, 04:18:53 am »
It'll be fun to watch the farkling, however the bar has been set pretty high. Jay can get there if anyone can.

What the hell? Where's the altimeter and wind speed indicator?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2016, 07:09:12 am »
What the hell? Where's the altimeter and wind speed indicator?

That's all automatically incorporated into the avionics GPS system, although a backup analog display gauge would be advised.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2016, 08:52:28 am »

Do you have to be instrument rated to ride that thing? I'm only VRR rated.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2016, 10:19:57 am »
What the hell? Where's the altimeter .....?

Somewhere I think he did a post where he ran it all down switch by switch. IIRC, I thought there were a lot of unnecessary switches to turn stuff off that went off anyway when the the bike was powered down. edit I do think there was actually a stand alone altimeter (that wasn't incorporated in one of the GPS units). What I really liked was the FLIR unit. I just know Jay will find a way to get one.  :D

edit: found it----> Part 1.   http://gl1800riders.com/forums/2100371-post85.html
                            Part 2.  http://gl1800riders.com/forums/2100398-post90.html
Yep, in the farkling department, Jay has moved up in with the big boys now. It'll be interesting to see if he can show them a few tricks.  :D

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2016, 11:03:54 am »
Somehow, it feels like MoB's post about ZG and the Wing was in jest. I could be wrong since the rest of you seem to think it's true.  :nuts:
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2016, 12:03:09 pm »
Somehow, it feels like MoB's post about ZG and the Wing was in jest. I could be wrong since the rest of you seem to think it's true.  :nuts:

I'm pretty sure it's true, as I recognize his garage in the photo, and just in case you think it's a friend of Jay's temporarily parked in his garage, there is this: http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=67128.0

Not that it's a bad idea to be a little skeptical about the internet.  :-\  :thumbs:

I really enjoyed Rev's take on it:   :rotflmao:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2016, 01:44:17 pm »
E Somehow, it feels like MoB's post about ZG and the Wing was in jest. I could be wrong since the rest of you seem to think it's true.  :nuts:

No, its true.... I wouldn't lie about that, he's a pal...
And it was on the COG site, which he returned to and made some posts, also there is a link to the dealer he traded his KoolAid bike to, where it sits now for sale....
I think the major reason was he has come to the point where he wants his wife to ride with him more, and pretty much its a great reason...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:55 am »
No, its true.... I wouldn't lie about that, he's a pal...
And it was on the COG site, which he returned to and made some posts, also there is a link to the dealer he traded his KoolAid bike to, where it sits now for sale....
I think the major reason was he has come to the point where he wants his wife to ride with him more, and pretty much its a great reason...

Wanting your wife to ride with one is understandable. I love having my wife ride with me but she cramps my style. When she rides if I don't stay within the speed limit I 'hear' about it over the intercom or from the back of my helmet.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2016, 05:12:47 am »
Wanting your wife to ride with one is understandable. I love having my wife ride with me but she cramps my style. When she rides if I don't stay within the speed limit I 'hear' about it over the intercom or from the back of my helmet.  :o

I never hear complaints about speed or lean angles since I take the slower/lower v-twin cruiser when my wife wants to ride with me. Her Majesty refuses to undergo the acrobat training needed to mount the C14 pillion.  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2016, 08:22:34 am »
My wife doesn't ride. I still don't know if that's a good thing or bad. But if she did ride, I would prefer she rode her own bike and would be happy to buy her one. I've got to say that no way in hell would I spend days or even hours on the back of a bike. That wouldn't be fun and would be very uncomfortable. So I think she would be much happier with her own ride then on the back of mine.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2016, 09:26:38 am »
My wife doesn't ride. I still don't know if that's a good thing or bad. But if she did ride, I would prefer she rode her own bike and would be happy to buy her one. I've got to say that no way in hell would I spend days or even hours on the back of a bike. That wouldn't be fun and would be very uncomfortable. So I think she would be much happier with her own ride then on the back of mine.

My wife and I agree with you. She has her own bike.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2016, 08:42:58 pm »
so, now, when you both ride, you have to spend extra time and care, watching her in your rear view mirror, wondering and worrying about her, not to mention maintaining 2 bikes, and 2 insurance policies.. and all for what?

let alone having to ride at a muchly reducd speed, and stopping often, Just to look at something you never would have stopped for...

nope, never gonna happen in my life,
I'll buy a Goldwing, and sit my wife back there with a Mocha Java, and a good book on her tablet, and roll.. she always wants those arm rests..

doing it like that reduces owning a bike, for your enjoyment, to owning a bike, and owning another big pain, just so you can ride...
simplify it.

oh, and I'll never have an intercom system on-board... I don't want to hear anything close to a complaint...
hell, a kidney punch every once and a while is my limits on communication.. 8)

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2016, 10:49:45 pm »
oh, and I'll never have an intercom system on-board... I don't want to hear anything close to a complaint...
hell, a kidney punch every once and a while is my limits on communication.. 8)

+1.... Had to learn the hard way myself.... Got one of those, and fitted it to the lids. When the Mrs opened her mouth, it was like she was talking inside my head, in stereo....

I got rid of that faster than you can say "Bluetooth"..... 
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14