Author Topic: Just purchased a new 2014 Concours  (Read 8570 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Just purchased a new 2014 Concours
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 11:24:05 AM »
To keep the stocker exhaust or not, that is the question.  There is no correct answer as either stock or other vendor can is perfectly acceptable.  The stocker is quiet and there is something to be said for that.  There is a definite weight savings in removing it, although the performance gain is negligible.  My Area P is louder but then I wear earplugs and can't hear it for the most part.  My advice for those that want to remove it is to keep it around and put it back on assuming you sell the bike at some later time.  Sell the non-stocker separately.  Mine is hanging around in my garage, not that I'm going to sell in the near future, but I might, who knows?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:59 PM »
To keep the stocker exhaust or not, that is the question.  There is no correct answer as either stock or other vendor can is perfectly acceptable.  The stocker is quiet and there is something to be said for that.  There is a definite weight savings in removing it, although the performance gain is negligible.  My Area P is louder but then I wear earplugs and can't hear it for the most part.  My advice for those that want to remove it is to keep it around and put it back on assuming you sell the bike at some later time.  Sell the non-stocker separately.  Mine is hanging around in my garage, not that I'm going to sell in the near future, but I might, who knows?

The most Charlie Brown post I've ever seen. ::)

;D
Hi Jim. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »

+1.   Especially Tip #4. Some people actually LIKE to ride their motorcycle with an abhorrent 35 pound muffler. Nobody  I  have ever heard of but I'm sure there is one somewhere.

I probably weigh 35 lbs less than many who have removed theirs for the weight savings.  ;)
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:47 PM »
I probably weigh 35 lbs less than many who have removed theirs for the weight savings.  ;)

There is that.....     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 04:10:05 AM »
The most Charlie Brown post I've ever seen. ::)

;D
Hi Jim. 8)

I try..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 08:17:08 AM »

Maybe so but its WAY easier to loose 20 lbs of muffler than 20 lbs of fat. Probably cheaper too.  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »
A big +1 to that!

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »
Maybe so but its WAY easier to loose 20 lbs of muffler than 20 lbs of fat. Probably cheaper too.  ;D

How is eating less more expensive?   :o
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 07:08:39 AM »
How is eating less more expensive?   :o

True, but many people buy "special" diet food that is more expensive. Or join a gym and or buy a treadmill. Or pay for some program. That's why I used the word "probably".

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 11:14:12 PM »
Hi there. I to have purchased a red color 2014 to replace my 2009 red color Connie.  I stated a long time ago. That I, liked the Connie so well. That I would purchase another. So, today I did.  All the farkles from the 2009 Connie will transfer to the 2014. All except the front crash bars. In turn I, ordered a new set of front crash bars.  So after they're installed. I will pick up the new bike, next week.  Also I, splurged and purchased a set of PR4's and they will be installed. Thedealership owner. Actually credited me the difference for removing the BT-021's, since they were new.  Paying the difference for the new PR4's.  I have ordered a front fender extender and Pannier reflective decals. In turn I, will install those items myself.  My 2014 in turn will be a mirror image of the 2009, but with the newer refinements.  WOO, HOO, HOO!  ;D
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 01:56:04 AM »
Hi there. I to have purchased a red color 2014 to replace my 2009 red color Connie.  I stated a long time ago. That I, liked the Connie so well. That I would purchase another. So, today I did.  All the farkles from the 2009 Connie will transfer to the 2014. All except the front crash bars. In turn I, ordered a new set of front crash bars.  So after they're installed. I will pick up the new bike, next week.  Also I, splurged and purchased a set of PR4's and they will be installed. Thedealership owner. Actually credited me the difference for removing the BT-021's, since they were new.  Paying the difference for the new PR4's.  I have ordered a front fender extender and Pannier reflective decals. In turn I, will install those items myself.  My 2014 in turn will be a mirror image of the 2009, but with the newer refinements.  WOO, HOO, HOO!  ;D

Congrats on the new ride.  ;D

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2015, 05:29:59 AM »

Congrats.  I was wondering when more 2014 RED owners were going to show up here.  If that had been a choice in 2012, I would be riding red instead of Black. 
My Concours Travels: