Author Topic: Hello from the Uk  (Read 3946 times)

Offline shaggs147

Hello from the Uk
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »
Hi guys,

I've been a member of the GTR1400 forum in the UK for 3 years or so, since buying my 2010 Concours or as we say GTR1400. Its the best all round bike I've ever had, but many of you already know that yourselves I'm sure! VirginiaJim is a regular visitor to the UK site and suggested that I come here for some advice about cruise control, which I'll post in the correct section hopefully. Have fun and ride safe,

Mark  ;D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: Hello from the Uk
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  :chugbeer:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »
Welcome shaggs. You got enough room on the island to use cruise?  :)

Offline shaggs147

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:18:30 PM »
Haha I wouldn't normally bother with it, but on a trip to Spain last year I thought it might have come in handy just to give the right hand a break  :-[ after several long days in the saddle. I'm off to Italy this year via France, Germany, and the Swiss Alps, so it will be good for that. I also think its handy to have over here when going through the many road works that pop up on the motorways oops I mean freeway! There are always speed cameras at road works, so it would be nice to be able to set the speed limit on the CC to save a fine and points on the license.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »
Mark, first the rules....There are no rules!  Well, actually there are but I don't tell you about it until you violate one of them.   Now where is the Guinness and sausages?

Oh, Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »
Hi Mark from the UK. First off... I MISS TOP GEAR SO MUCH!!!!! Welcome to der foruhms!
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

jirod

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
Welcome, Mike.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »
Welcome to the show M8. 

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
Welcome aboard Mark!

This is a nice forum with a 'family' feel about it. Some of us old- timers (for the C-14, that would be 2007) have been around here since the beginning of the model's introduction.

Just as an aside, I spent some time with a few Brits and am fairly fluent in English - English translations when the need arises ("Break it down to bits" = "Take it apart").  ;D

Brian

Hi guys,

I've been a member of the GTR1400 forum in the UK for 3 years or so, since buying my 2010 Concours or as we say GTR1400. Its the best all round bike I've ever had, but many of you already know that yourselves I'm sure! VirginiaJim is a regular visitor to the UK site and suggested that I come here for some advice about cruise control, which I'll post in the correct section hopefully. Have fun and ride safe,

Mark  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum Mark!

Offline shaggs147

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 03:47:17 PM »
Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone, where do I send the beer and sausages Jim??  ;D

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
 :chugbeer: Welcome shaggs147.......................took yer time finding  :chugbeer: Jims place :chugbeer:..............

A lot of good folk here with plenty of banter....................if you find yourself in the  :hitfan: offering Jim Guinness and Lincolnshire sausages can get you off the hook  :rotflmao:

Offline shaggs147

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 02:29:23 AM »
Oh no...... I was trying to escape from Charlie  ::)  ;) He's crazy :o :P ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 04:19:15 AM »
I quite enjoy Charlie's company.  He grows on you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »
I quite enjoy Charlie's company.  He grows on you.

Chia Pet?

Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 10:43:37 AM »
Not quite, Rick.  :)

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 02:32:35 PM »
Oh no...... I was trying to escape from Charlie  ::)  ;) He's crazy :o :P ;D

:rotflmao: