Author Topic: My first time.  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Tele130

My first time.
« on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:16 PM »
Hey guys,
  I know I haven't been around much.....posting anyways ::).  I've been riding since I was 16, I just turned 57 in February.  Wednesday afternoon at 2PM i was cut off by some jerk that didn't know where he wanted to go.  Turns out it was my lane he wanted >:(.  I had a millisecond to decide if I wanted to jump the curb and hit a light pole or lay my Connie down.  I figured laying her down was the best thing to do.  I was in the hospital till Friday night.  I suffered four fractured ribs and a punctured lung.  My left little finger was dislocated in two places and the force of the dislocation split the inside of my finger that required 8 stitches.
  They towed my Connie to a friends house so I havent seen her yet :(.  I know the Hwy bars (both sides) are trashed, both bags are done, the Cee Bailey 26" shield was split in two, both lower side fairings are broken along with the main fairing.  She's a 2006 with 22K on her.  I'm going to figure the insurance Co will total her :(.   I'll find out this week.

Police report estmaties my speed at the time of doing down at 15 mph!!!  You guys take care and please be safe out there.  The ass holes are all over the place!!!!! >:(
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: My first time.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:35 PM »
Oh man, that sucks so  bad. Get better man.  :'(
2014 C-14 Red

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »
Ouch! I only hope for two things for you.
Thing number one you get better soon.
Thing number two they caught the &$@"$& that did this to you.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

jirod

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 09:05:02 PM »
That's a lot of damage to you and the bike! Sorry it happened. Get well soon.