Author Topic: gel seat pad  (Read 2368 times)

Offline spotcw

• It is...what it is
gel seat pad
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »
I'm needing to add a gel seat pad to my 08 connie for a more comfy commute. Can anybody recommend where to buy and what size for my stock seat?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: gel seat pad
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »
I'm needing to add a gel seat pad to my 08 connie for a more comfy commute. Can anybody recommend where to buy and what size for my stock seat?

I would recommend against gel pads.  They get EXTREMELY hot or EXTREMELY cold depending on the weather.  A quality foam will work much better.  Others might disagree with my experience/opinion, however.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=569
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline rar

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »
+1  I just added the butt buffer gel.  They carved out the seat and and inserted the gel.  I had them change the angle so I was not pushing forward as much which was good but I had no idea how it stored heat.  On a hot sunny day the gel really soaks up the heat. After riding for an hour it is still cooking the family jewels. 

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »
I have a automotive seat cushion that I bought at Walmart.  Guys on the Goldwing forum swear by it.  It has a cover over a waffle patter and fits nicely on the C14.  Cost was about 20.00 and well worth it.  But I would probably use that money twd the purchase on an Airhawk if it were me.