Author Topic: A very interesting use for a drone  (Read 22010 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: A very interesting use for a drone
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2015, 09:14:49 pm »
hospitals in FL will soon be using drones to carry meds from one hospital roof to the other around the state (vs. car courier as they do today).  They expect cost and delivery time to go from $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and forever   to NIL

Just one in a million uses for drone technologies.  Invest wisely  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2015, 12:52:41 pm »
All this really doesn't matter until some  :censored: ing moron fly's one that get's sucked into an engine of a liner either descending or ascending from an airport that causes a crash and then hundreds of people are dead.  These  :censored: ers think it's a toy and they can do what they want and fly where they want with it.  All that will change...  It's going to happen, it's just a matter of time. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 01:09:10 pm »
All this really doesn't matter until some  :censored: ing moron fly's one that get's sucked into an engine of a liner either descending or ascending from an airport that causes a crash and then hundreds of people are dead.  These  :censored: ers think it's a toy and they can do what they want and fly where they want with it.  All that will change...  It's going to happen, it's just a matter of time.

Business/medical use of drones will continue to surge. I agree 100% some retard will down a plane or something stupid.  At a bare minimum someone soon will record some high official or CEO in an "intimate moment" by the private pool or in the bedroom, I see blackmail opportunity galore with a drone and a GoPro  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 07:03:14 pm »
It will keep on getting better.  Drone drops drugs into prison:

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/news/local/2015/08/03/manci-drone-followup/31078367/
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 05:51:04 am »
It's like the internet! So much good comes from everyone being connected and so much evil too!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2015, 05:59:35 am »
It will keep on getting better.  Drone drops drugs into prison:

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/news/local/2015/08/03/manci-drone-followup/31078367/

^^^yup.  Many have said in the past "drones will never happen due to safety".

Invest wisely my friends  ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2015, 07:55:18 am »
Drone vs Eagle

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2015, 08:02:55 am »
Drone vs Fire Department  (gets interesting about at 12:00)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 08:14:39 am »
Replacement drones will certainly add to the overwhelming demand coming down the line.  I think about drones and twitch to not get out my 12 ga benelli   ;D

Invest wisely

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2015, 10:22:51 am »
Well no wonder that kid put a pistol on his drone- look at the way those folks attacked that drone!  [lighten up people, kidding here :-)]

Oh yeah, this is going to be quite the court issue, on quite a few different fronts.

Brian

Drone vs Fire Department  (gets interesting about at 12:00)

http://youtu.be/W0yXxpoAOYQ
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 10:25:46 am »
And now you too can take a drone taxi...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonder/software-engineer-developing-a-taxi-drone/vi-BBlELIg

Well it's getting there.. So far can only stay aloft for 10 seconds.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015, 10:51:31 am »
Well, if they can make it glide for 30 seconds more, that might be enough to get one away from the crowded airport....

Brian

And now you too can take a drone taxi...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonder/software-engineer-developing-a-taxi-drone/vi-BBlELIg

Well it's getting there.. So far can only stay aloft for 10 seconds.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015, 11:32:08 am »
No airports.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2015, 02:07:58 pm »
Not only is Amazon going to use them for deliveries, DHL now plans to use 'em

Add a DRONE to their pic  ;D    ;D    ;D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »
I kinda' could use a drone for a major house project going on.... I wonder if Amazon would use a drone to deliver a drone to me? How ironical....

Drones might even add a certain safety factor to, say, using things like fireworks. You could mount them on the drone and use electrical triggers to light them and then <hopefully> drop them. Great idea, eh?  I wonder if a circular saw could be affixed accurately to a drone.... then you could make a whole bunch of cuts in the same plank, all pre- planned and accurately done. Man, I can see the uses for these things are going to be nearly limitless..... along with the need for Kevlar umbrellas for the entire population. Oh yeah, this is gonna' go somewhere, maybe even everywhere.

But seriously, these things are really pretty cool and I really would like to get one for documenting the current house work....

Brian

Not only is Amazon going to use them for deliveries, DHL now plans to use 'em

Add a DRONE to their pic  ;D    ;D    ;D