Author Topic: Kawasaki C14 OEM top box  (Read 7568 times)

Offline toxxic

Kawasaki C14 OEM top box
« on: June 24, 2011, 06:30:26 PM »
Are any of you running the stock, Kawasaki OEM top box on your 2008 or 2009 C14's?

I am transitioning from a CBR1100XX and have a LARGE Givi/E55 Maxia case, which I would like the option of running. However, I am not certain if the OEM box and its mount will interchange with the Maxia case? (I have also have the opportunity to buy a color matched OEM box and mount.) The Maxia case uses the Givi Monokey or SW-Motech kit.

Additionally, I really like the look of Phil's Farkle rack and thought about buying one, but was a little worried about the disclaimer on his web page saying it would crowd a passenger if used with the Maxia E55 case....

Great forum, thanks for any help or experiences you can share!

Tim

Offline stewart

Re: Kawasaki C14 OEM top box
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 08:19:27 AM »
I'm using Phils rack and the E55 and I don't know how people could be crowded. Plenty of room for my wife and I.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »
I ride an 09 and have the Kawi 47 trunk with the Admore light kit mounted on Phils rack, great set-up IMO...  :thumbs:

Offline Gsun

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:50:26 AM »
I ride an 09 and have the Kawi 47 trunk with the Admore light kit mounted on Phils rack, great set-up IMO...  :thumbs:

Thanks for the picture. I just bought a Corbin backrest (not picked up yet) in hopes that it would not impede the Kawi trunk. Looks good!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 11:03:43 AM »
Thanks for the picture. I just bought a Corbin backrest (not picked up yet) in hopes that it would not impede the Kawi trunk. Looks good!

Yep, if you slide the mount as far back as you can on Phils rack it will just clear the Corbin backrest...

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 11:10:57 AM »
I have the OEM top box on my 08.  I am just using the OEM mounting system also.  It works okay, but you need a different key, like all the others I guess.  The only problem I've had is the plastic piece that mounts it to the bike broke after about 15000 miles.  Kawi replaced it under warranty but I made my own replacement that will never break.

Offline toxxic

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 10:51:12 PM »
Great info, thanks guys! I really appreciate all the pictures.

Looks like the Kawasaki bag might use the same mounting plate as the Givi/Maxia?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »
Great info, thanks guys! I really appreciate all the pictures.

Looks like the Kawasaki bag might use the same mounting plate as the Givi/Maxia?

The Kawi trunk is made by Givi, it's just Kawi badged... it's a E470 Givi with a different outer top skin...

http://www.giviusa.com/cases/Monolock-/E470-SIMPLY-III

Offline toxxic

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
Excellent, just the answer I was looking for!