Author Topic: Concours 14 Paint Colors  (Read 15985 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Concours 14 Paint Colors
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 06:29:00 am »
Black is the new black.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 11:20:46 am »
Black is the new black.

Yeah, really.  I am constantly amazed at how many different names Kawasaki slaps on the bike for what is essentially just "black".  Admittedly, they are sometimes slightly different shades of black and with more or less metallic "glitter" in them, but if you don't like/want black, none of that matters much.

Trivia- the 2017 "black" with green pin-striping is the color combo that became the US/CA 2018 color.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:25 am »
RE: Pin-striping on 2016?

Kawasaki used the same image on their website for both the 2016 and 2018 models. (See first image below). Second image is an actual US 2016 which had the green piping. (I almost bought that one). The last image is of a 2018 that I just found on a google search. That picture wasn't available back when I was trying to figure out the difference between the 2 colors.

Interesting.   The issue is that I didn't see that in 2016 myself (and I am pretty sure I would have seen it) and from what I remember, the pin-striping was introduced with "Metallic Carbon Grey" in the EU in 2017 and just carried over to the US/CA in 2018.  It doesn't seem likely they mixed the pin-striping with "Metallic Spark Black" of 2016.... and yet.....

When doing my own research, I keep finding a mix of with and without the pinstriping for 2016.  The most compelling evidence is this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0c7YN2_k-M posted on Jul 27, 2016.  He even correctly pronounces "Concours" (so rare) (was a great price, too).

For now I will at least edit it with the info and a "?"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Impster

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 05:37:57 am »
RE: Pin-striping on 2016?

Interesting.   The issue is that I didn't see that in 2016 myself (and I am pretty sure I would have seen it) and from what I remember, the pin-striping was introduced with "Metallic Carbon Grey" in the EU in 2017 and just carried over to the US/CA in 2018.  It doesn't seem likely they mixed the pin-striping with "Metallic Spark Black" of 2016.... and yet.....

When doing my own research, I keep finding a mix of with and without the pinstriping for 2016.  The most compelling evidence is this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0c7YN2_k-M posted on Jul 27, 2016.  He even correctly pronounces "Concours" (so rare) (was a great price, too).

For now I will at least edit it with the info and a "?"

As more evidence, my '16 is in the metallic black with pin stripes.

----
2016 Concourse 14 (Black), Corbin seat, Murph's risers, T-Rex lowering links and kickstand

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 05:43:04 am »
As more evidence, my '16 is in the metallic black with pin stripes.

Well, I guess it is settled, then!  Will remove the "?"

Offline motonerd14

• Nerd & Ziggy
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 07:25:35 pm »
Black is the worse color on a fully-faired bike from a safety standpoint. It's MUCH better to be more visible. In fact, no black bike, jacket or helmet were the 'conditions' my wife gave me to ride. I personally believe we all should ride like if were invisible (I do), meaning color doesn't mean much when you ride defensively. But doesn't hurt to be visible either. So to keep her happy, I comply with her wishes. That meant a freaking frog green bike at my 53, but nobody can see that with a helmet on ;D. And if somebody ever hits me, they won't be able to claim they didn't see me. He he. Bottom line is most mature people I know prefer other than black colors (probably for the reason mentioned above), and Kawasaki should deliver that on a sport-touring bike bought by  mature people IMO. Having said that, the green is not that bad, and visible from space, so all good 8).

:goodpost:

I only buy red or orange motorcycles precisely because of this. Shame the C14 never came in yellow!

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 01:33:48 pm »
I put this together for a color reference while I shop for a C14. Maybe this can be put in the Colors sticky in the FAQ?
Click link for larger version:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Concours/i-nhPfKcC/0/80b9c8a4/O/C14%20Colors.jpg

Oh, and this is US market only.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 01:58:28 pm »
I put this together for a color reference while I shop for a C14. Maybe this can be put in the Colors sticky in the FAQ?
Click link for larger version:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Concours/i-nhPfKcC/0/80b9c8a4/O/C14%20Colors.jpg

Oh, and this is US market only.

could put it here
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?board=24.0

a better spot, or contact Virginia Jim, from this post (send him a p/m via his linked p/m feature), and have it added to his posting, it's locked, but I'm sure he would at it...
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20253.msg250551#msg250551

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 02:45:05 pm »
I put this together for a color reference while I shop for a C14. Maybe this can be put in the Colors sticky in the FAQ?  Oh, and this is US market only.

Neat!  I have downloaded and uploaded to the primary post (linking is bad, because it can disappear).  Did you make that yourself?  If so, how (it is impressive)?  A few of the colors are a bit off (like the 2008), but I did verify it is generally good and 100% matched the info I had already supplied (for USA).  Thanks

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 03:36:35 pm »
Yeah, I made it myself using Photoshop. I just did a google search for the images, and used the FAQ here and Kawasaki's site for the years/names. It was a little tough finding pictures of just the left side in front of a plain background for every single one. A couple of the black ones might not be EXACT but you can't see the metal flake in that small of a picture anyway. I also made a fairly obvious error in one, I'm waiting to see if anyone catches it.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 04:03:41 pm »
I also made a fairly obvious error in one, I'm waiting to see if anyone catches it.

yes, I caught it right off, when I scrolled down the list....
the 2012 Ebony Black photo is actually a 2011 Ebony black bike...

2012 began the "Black Rims" which are so desirable... or so people say.. some powder coat them odd colors, and even Gold Anodize them and clearcoat them... because they have disposable incomes..   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 05:13:23 pm »
Yeah, I made it myself using Photoshop. I just did a google search for the images, and used the FAQ here and Kawasaki's site for the years/names. It was a little tough finding pictures of just the left side in front of a plain background for every single one.

Well, great job.

A couple of the black ones might not be EXACT but you can't see the metal flake in that small of a picture anyway.

Meh, black is black :)  <evil grin>

I also made a fairly obvious error in one, I'm waiting to see if anyone catches it.

Your 2015 black is not a 2015, because it doesn't have the correct windscreen and the 2012 Black is not a 2012 because it has the silver wheels instead of black :)  Of course, you already mentioned you repeated some of the black models.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 05:45:32 pm »
Well, great job.

Meh, black is black :)  <evil grin>

Your 2015 black is not a 2015, because it doesn't have the correct windscreen and the 2012 Black is not a 2012 because it has the silver wheels instead of black :)  Of course, you already mentioned you repeated some of the black models.

well, I admit I was just doing the 'paint color schema'

so, one for you, and one for me also...

:hitfan: :hitfan:
I'm sure he didn't catch both.. as he only mentioned one mistake..

it's cool... great job.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 05:52:27 pm »
Haha, I didn't notice the 2015, but I did notice the silver wheels after I finished it. Was too lazy to change it.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 06:24:23 pm »
Haha, I didn't notice the 2015, but I did notice the silver wheels after I finished it. Was too lazy to change it.

Well....

Fix it!

You did such a good job to start out with.  It looked so official.  Somewhere down the road this could mistaken for being correct.  Don’t stop now!  Get on it, bugman!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Symtec heat demon grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.