Author Topic: Concours 14 Paint Colors  (Read 28457 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Concours 14 Paint Colors
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 04:03:41 PM »
I also made a fairly obvious error in one, I'm waiting to see if anyone catches it.

yes, I caught it right off, when I scrolled down the list....
the 2012 Ebony Black photo is actually a 2011 Ebony black bike...

2012 began the "Black Rims" which are so desirable... or so people say.. some powder coat them odd colors, and even Gold Anodize them and clearcoat them... because they have disposable incomes..   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
Yeah, I made it myself using Photoshop. I just did a google search for the images, and used the FAQ here and Kawasaki's site for the years/names. It was a little tough finding pictures of just the left side in front of a plain background for every single one.

Well, great job.

A couple of the black ones might not be EXACT but you can't see the metal flake in that small of a picture anyway.

Meh, black is black :)  <evil grin>

I also made a fairly obvious error in one, I'm waiting to see if anyone catches it.

Your 2015 black is not a 2015, because it doesn't have the correct windscreen and the 2012 Black is not a 2012 because it has the silver wheels instead of black :)  Of course, you already mentioned you repeated some of the black models.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »
Well, great job.

Meh, black is black :)  <evil grin>

Your 2015 black is not a 2015, because it doesn't have the correct windscreen and the 2012 Black is not a 2012 because it has the silver wheels instead of black :)  Of course, you already mentioned you repeated some of the black models.

well, I admit I was just doing the 'paint color schema'

so, one for you, and one for me also...

:hitfan: :hitfan:
I'm sure he didn't catch both.. as he only mentioned one mistake..

it's cool... great job.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 05:52:27 PM »
Haha, I didn't notice the 2015, but I did notice the silver wheels after I finished it. Was too lazy to change it.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 06:24:23 PM »
Haha, I didn't notice the 2015, but I did notice the silver wheels after I finished it. Was too lazy to change it.

Well....

Fix it!

You did such a good job to start out with.  It looked so official.  Somewhere down the road this could mistaken for being correct.  Don’t stop now!  Get on it, bugman!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2018, 06:41:31 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BUTT.. i'll toss the wings and The Pope's Nose to max... whats' a The Pope's Nose you might ask...?  :yikes:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »
I'm not sure I want to know...  so you can keep it
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2018, 08:45:25 PM »
I'm not sure I want to know...  so you can keep it

my old Hunky dad used to fight over it, said it was the best part...
and actually, is considered as extremely good and nourishing... I don't mind them..

it's, as he would say, "the part that went over the fence last"....
some folks call that the 'deckle', but that is incorrect terminology.

peace, and happy chicken dinner...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2019, 05:57:14 PM »
2020 color (same as 2019) added on first post.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2019, 06:46:05 AM »
They're just selling off left over bikes then..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2019, 07:24:24 AM »

Possibly, but other manufacturers have done the same thing in the past. For example, Suzuki produced a new color for the M109R every year since 2006. Then in 2017, they carried over the same two colors from 2016 and everyone thought 2017 was going to be the last year they would make it. It wasn’t. They brought out new colors in 2018 and 2019.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2019, 03:34:58 PM »

That is my thought, too.  But the VIN number includes the model year.  So somehow they can sit on un-VIN'ed vehicles until they ship, or they are not actually finishing the assembly until ready for the new VIN series.

There is obviously still a market for the C14.  How big that is, who knows.  It would be interesting to know if they are still producing new part runs, or sitting on large stockpiles.  Since all the infrastructure is in place, it probably doesn't cost them much to keep cranking them out.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2019, 06:54:38 PM »
I firmly say boycott '19 and '20 models, and tell Kaw we won't stand for this.. if you blew the "wad" on the '15 Metalic Green.. get with it.. It's a ploy to make us all hate the new release, and give reason to them "shutting down" the ZG1400.. so they can rake money hand over fist, on HS2's.. fug that.   oh yeah... it's supercharged..... well, if you can't even adjust your valves, or won't, a blown supercharger for $5k added onto the price of $25k originally.. you simply have toooo much money.
C10>>>>>> $8k
C14>>>>>>$15k

HS2>>>>>> $25k...... screw that.

'78 KZ1000Ltd>>> $3400......(bought mine used w/ 1800 miles, for $2900)  I ain't letting that bike go.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2019, 09:45:44 PM »
I firmly say boycott [non C14] '19 and '20 models

Fixed!

C10>>>>>> $8.5k (inflation adjusted, it would be almost $11k now)
C14>>>>>>$15.6k
Versys 1000LT >>>>  $18K
H2SX>>>>>> $25k...... screw that.

Fixed that too, you left off the Versys- how that can be $2.4K more than a C14 is beyond me.

'78 KZ1000Ltd>>> $3400

Inflation adjusted- that would be $13.3k now :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:29:12 PM by maxtog »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2020, 03:51:51 PM »
Attached are the site photos for the 2019/2020 and the 2021.

I updated the leading post, but there are still unanswered questions such as:

1) On the 2019/2020, is the black top leading fairing actually painted or is it a sticker?
2) On the 2019/2020 AND the 2021, is the lower leading fairing painted matte dark grey/black or is that unpainted plastic?  That part is painted on every model prior to 2019.

Probably impossible to know without being examined, in-person.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2021, 04:37:16 PM »
We are now not allowed to edit old posts <grumble>, so I can't update the leading post to make it current.

US/CA: "Metallic Spark Black" (black with reflective flake) but with a flat dark grey leading lower fairing section (possibly unpainted), and with magenta pin-striping under front logo and on the panniers.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2021, 08:05:26 PM »
We are now not allowed to edit old posts <grumble>, so I can't update the leading post to make it current.

Admin's can edit, and this has been done.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2021, 08:35:24 PM »

Offline Cuda

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2022, 09:45:35 AM »
Yes.  In 2012 they went from super silver to bland black :)  (and have stayed that way)

Funny I had my 2011 wheels powercoated FLAT BLACK... much better...

The Fastest color Atomic Silver with black bags... I did not paint them I bought them unsed many years ago because one of my latches screwed up so I did a national search on Craigs list and found a guy that had his black bike repossessed but had his bags off :)
That's how I got my LSL handlebars I did a Craigslist national serch, I hated the stock bars from my first introduction, I had risers made for the LSL handlebars but took them off because I like leaning forward ... like I always have ...never had a Cruiser.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2023, 10:55:59 PM »
Standing by, still, for updates.... but Kawasaki still shows only 2022 Concours model on the USA and CA site (same with H2SX on USA site but updated on CA site).  This is highly unusual, considering we are now in February of 2023, and that all other models have their years updated (Z stuff, ZX 4/6/10/14, Versys, Vulcan, even the W).  I am thinking it is just a "oh, we forgot to change the year number on the sites."