Author Topic: Concours 14 suspension setup  (Read 53109 times)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
Re: Concours 14 suspension setup
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 07:02:29 pm »
Me too. I'd have to gain 10 lbs.!

I would have to stop growing at 13.

:yikes:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 07:07:13 pm »
I'm a buck sixty with a really big chew in and the C14 feels like I'm riding a clydesdale, but the suspension is perfect!  :thumbs: ;D

Offline gonzosc1

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 01:58:47 pm »
highly recommend the zip tie on the fork trick and you will know 100% much suspension you are using on the forks.

everything else is all about your weight, riding style,   

http://www.gostar-racing.com/club/motorcycle_suspension_set-up.htm

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 03:36:17 pm »
Thanks for posting that up.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 04:15:22 pm »
I'm at 250 lbs. solo, any suggestions? (other than loose 60 lbs.) ;)

I've got it.....gain 50lbs and use the two-up settings.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 04:34:36 pm »
I've got it.....gain 50lbs and use the two-up settings.

That's the settings I use.....

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 04:58:19 pm »
I understand these are Japanese bikes, and they tend to be a tad lighter than we are, but 150lbs? As a mature, adult male, the only way you should weigh 150lbs is if you have a tumor, or are 5'7" or less. I would suggest 180-200lbs would be the average for a male riding a 688lb bike in our fantastic country. I didn't include women, because it would hurt my fragile ego to see a female riding the bike that I treasure so...sexist? yes. Honest? yes. Go Irish!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 08:08:35 pm »
I understand these are Japanese bikes, and they tend to be a tad lighter than we are, but 150lbs? As a mature, adult male, the only way you should weigh 150lbs is if you have a tumor, or are 5'7" or less. I would suggest 180-200lbs would be the average for a male riding a 688lb bike in our fantastic country. I didn't include women, because it would hurt my fragile ego to see a female riding the bike that I treasure so...sexist? yes. Honest? yes. Go Irish!

:goodpost:

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 04:01:19 am »
     Some of the old timers can probably remember who came up with this chart.  It seems like the guy said he was around 185.  I'm thinking if you're a little heavier, it would mostly be just a preload adjustment. (?)  Folks with more knowledge feel free to share please!

For me, I really noticed a difference on bumpy curves; it now is much easier to hold the line, but you do lose a little comfort in the process.  Good luck and happy riding folks. ;)

It was Dan from Richmond, Va I believe.  I've used them and have had pretty good results.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 08:21:29 am »
It was Dan from Richmond, Va I believe.  I've used them and have had pretty good results.

Thank you oh chivalrous one!  
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 08:37:38 am »
 :rotflmao:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:40 am »
Not sure if this has been posted yet from the old site.  This was very helpful for me and will hopefully help someone else.  The difference in handling from the stock setup was drastic.......in a good way!

at some point in the past forum I printed out this doc but never got around the issue and my suspension settings are what I got from the day I bought the bike.
Could somebody explain what the clicks are, and how do you read it? Please make it dumb-proof, plain dictionary-available English...  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 11:10:59 am »
As you turn the adjusters you will feel them 'detent' (not to be confused with Detente).  In other words, you'll feel it more than hear it.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 12:04:03 pm »
at some point in the past forum I printed out this doc but never got around the issue and my suspension settings are what I got from the day I bought the bike.
Could somebody explain what the clicks are, and how do you read it? Please make it dumb-proof, plain dictionary-available English...  ;D

And if your not sure you felt or heard a click, turn it the opposite direction to confirm(it's alot easier to feel and hear for some reason).
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:38 pm »
Did anyone ever post a chart on this?