Author Topic: SHARP lady came into my office and told me this was offensive and remove it  (Read 14063 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
If "Norton Thumper" is some kind of euphemism for an Argentinian..... lady of ill repute, then you post is gonna' get you a visit from the sharp people too....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

...but...but..Che rode a Norton thumper[/url], is that why we hate him?    :stirpot: :rotflmao:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline LandRocket

i am offended by the offensiveness i feel that is offending my rights as a non offender when some one on the post is offended by the offensive image that was offensive and that had offended an official offensive police that was obviously an offensive move by the offender in an offensive attempt to offend others. Further more i am offended by my own sentence above that will obviously offend others.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
I find it offensive that you think others would be so easily offended. Not everyone is like Mary Jane Tinklepants, a well known but extremely delicate American girl, er, I mean Gyno- American!

Brian

i am offended by the offensiveness i feel that is offending my rights as a non offender when some one on the post is offended by the offensive image that was offensive and that had offended an official offensive police that was obviously an offensive move by the offender in an offensive attempt to offend others. Further more i am offended by my own sentence above that will obviously offend others.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
The last job I had before where I am now, I assembled certain devices.  We had several test fixtures and "dummy" fittings used for assembly.  These are commonly called "slave" units, and to differentiate them from production hardware, they were clearly label with big letters, in black felt-pen, "SLAVE UNIT".  One person noticed this and filed a complaint with HR claiming it was racially motivated/offensive, and I had to clean off the offending words and paint big red dots on them instead.

Since we are all telling stories, at work last week, two white people on a film crew were sitting and waiting for some other people to arrive.  I was waiting with them.  They were talking about exposure and skin tone and three times used the terms "African American" and then "white" in the same sentence.  I asked why they didn't just say "black" and they responded it could be offensive.  Offensive???  So I decided to run with that. I told them it offends ME to hear every group of people spoken with a PC, special, zillion-syllable "XXXXXXX-American" term and then say "white" and then requested that they use the term "European American" instead in order to not offend me.  They seemed genuinely puzzled.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
I find Euro American quite offensive.  I'm an English American.  I want nothing to do with continent of Europe unless it's drinking Polish or Dutch vodkas.   
"LOCTITEĀ®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
I find Euro American quite offensive.  I'm an English American.  I want nothing to do with continent of Europe unless it's drinking Polish or Dutch vodkas.

Yeah, well, imagine how silly it is calling someone who is Egyptian "African American" (last I checked, Eqypt is in Africa).  Or a 6th generation white South African an "African American."  (Or perhaps if they lived in NY, would they be a "South African African North North American?")  And if they move to Canada, are they suddenly "African Canadian?" or "African North American Canadian?"  Or if they were 8th generation Black American and moved to Africa- are they "African American African? or just "American African?"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sherob

• Arena
I prefer Haole.   8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
...And if they move to Canada, are they suddenly "African Canadian?" or "African North American Canadian?"...

At the risk of being labeled non-PC (a minor concern on my part, really) I don't think I've ever heard the term African-Canadian before..   Maybe up here in Canada we only have people that are already Canadians and people that want to be Canadians...   

:rotflmao:

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
At the risk of being labeled non-PC (a minor concern on my part, really) I don't think I've ever heard the term African-Canadian before..   Maybe up here in Canada we only have people that are already Canadians and people that want to be Canadians...

About half of the few Canadians I've met, have had something to say about French-Canadians. So I think you might have left out one group.   :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

:rotflmao:

Jamie

And those people rode in on their own unicorn.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline SilverConnieRider

I don't get it - A lady? came into my office -

Did she HAVE to come into your office?  If not tell her to stay out!
If she has to come in - put it on the back of your door.  Then keep the door open while she is in there.

Of course you could always put tape over the offense part - like girls do in a strip club.  ;D

Offline twowheeladdict

If she has to come in - put it on the back of your door.  Then keep the door open while she is in there.

I would do that but my door is 30 feet away from my desk.  I wonder if I can wear my t-shirt with the WWII bomber with the bombshell painted on the fuselage.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Maybe she would be alright if she thought you supported the politically correct causes.
Such as 'Save the Whales' or maybe even a poster from PETA....

Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Sgt Mac

I don't get it - A lady? came into my office -

Did she HAVE to come into your office?  If not tell her to stay out!

Of course you could always put tape over the offense part - like girls do in a strip club.  ;D

Are we talking SHARP as in the US Army SHARP program?

If so, none of those would be a recommended course of action, believe me, its been tried.

Offline twowheeladdict

Are we talking SHARP as in the US Army SHARP program?

If so, none of those would be a recommended course of action, believe me, its been tried.

Yep.  The power they wield is amazing.   
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077