Author Topic: New Connie owner from arkansas  (Read 5947 times)

Offline connie14boy

Re: New Connie owner from arkansas
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 07:46:55 pm »
Lol!
As pricey as they are now, we sure don't want that to happen!

Their price was why I held out for so long to buy them...

Worth it, though.

When you consider the size of the contact patch involved, price should have no consideration- after all, most of us bought this bike for fun and safety, and PR$'s deliver the best of both- safety being a relative term.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 07:26:24 am »
I agree, and disagree a bit.
There are other tires out there that may be equal to the PR and cost less.
I have not used them and can't compare, but others have highly recommended them.
So certain others are certainly worth a try.

This has turned into a tire discussion. Want to get back to our new Connie Owner.
Hulkette, in what part of Arkansas are you located?
I think that COG has 2 rides planned in Arkansas next year.
Come ride with us and get to know the folks.

You'll fit in the group well.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 08:22:07 pm »
Hi and welcome. I recommend Michelin PR3/4's for your bike. I have the 3's on now and they are amazing. Am gonna go on 4's next tire change.
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline hulkette

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 10:20:24 am »
I do love this bike. I have decided to go with the PR4s. With the stock tires it is a bit hesitant in the twisties which I don't care for. My buddies fjr has prs and it eats the twisties up great. I still like my Connie better than his fjr though. I hope the tires make as much a difference as people say. Thanks for all the advice/opinions. I have been considering making it a custom carbon fiber bike like I did with my m109, but the green is just so beautiful!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 11:18:35 am »
Congrats on the new bike and best of luck with three major upgrades :-)  This is a big bike and has lots and lots of room for farkles....

Lot of useful information around about these bikes now so it should be fairly easy to outfit a new C-14.

Quite a few choices on saddle and saddle / cushion combos; mine is a Corbin wearing an Airhawk but it would depend on how long you need to sit on the bike- the Airhawk alone might work well enough on the stock saddle if you are not spending a long time on the bike.

As far as cruise controls go, you really only have two choices: the Rostra, which is about $200 - $250 but takes some light fabricating and hand- wiring, or the McCruise which is either Plug 'n Play or extremely close (some units require a spliced wire or two but no mechanical work beyond installation) and was around $1,100 last time I looked. Then there are about a gazillion varieties of throttle locks ranging from a $1 rubber band to some pretty sophisticated mechanical contraptions. But do bear in mind that none of this last group is a true, speed regulating, cruise control.

Brian

Just bought a brand new 2015 Connie (Kawi green) on the 30th october. already put 1400 miles on her and she is a great bike. Those battle axe tires really are crap though. What do you guys suggest? anyway I named the bike "HULKETTE". The 1000 mile ride I took on her taught me that I need 3 major upgrades. 1.Those tires are crap! 2.After 100 miles that seat is like riding on a piece of lumber. 3. Cruise control (or throttlemeister).
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com