Author Topic: Why is ZG's goodbye post locked?  (Read 13039 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: Why is ZG's goodbye post locked?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 04:11:35 am »
Why is it that Jay is the one you think would get suspended.  He responded to the condemnation from the other user.  In a forum where suspensions happen the starter would get suspended, or both.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 04:26:47 am »
If someone wants to create a new thread on the subject of ZG leaving the C14 fold they can.  They can also create a thread on his new bike in this board. 
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 11:42:44 am »
Why is it that Jay is the one you think would get suspended.  He responded to the condemnation from the other user.  In a forum where suspensions happen the starter would get suspended, or both.

If that was addressed to my post, then here is my reasoning. Jay called the other poster a name first. The other poster said things about Jay's new bike but not about Jay himself. Jay called him a tool, the tool..er the other poster called Jay a sissy, then Jay referenced the tool the other poster treating others like an a-hole and then quoted some names that the tool other poster had been called on another forum. Jay then called the tool other poster a tool again and recommended that he stop acting like an idiot. Then some others (including myself) sorta piled on...that's when the thread was locked instead of suspending anyone.  Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe they would both get suspended, but I thought a thread lock was the way to go. The only side I'm taking here is that a thread lock is better than a suspension as it targets the conversation rather than the individuals. Now as to the other stuff, should a warning be first or the thread lock too quick.....well I don't pay any dues here so I don't have much of a say ....I think of this place being run fairly evenhandedly by a benevolent dictator (and his trusted assistants) who could just pull the plug on all of this at anytime. I wouldn't want that to happen.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 01:48:55 pm »
This is getting hilarious. Wonder if ZG ever gets embarrassed by all the adulation being heaped on him. (bromance, man-crush or whatever clever label the kids use these days....)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 02:47:21 pm »
I didn't realize this was a suspension thread. I would really like to have a new one but I don't do enough to justify it. I guess I should put more effort into it. I'm due for a vacation.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 02:58:40 pm »
This is getting hilarious. Wonder if ZG ever gets embarrassed by all the adulation being heaped on him. (bromance, man-crush or whatever clever label the kids use these days....)

OH OH, is someone feeling left out?
Here ya go sanmo:  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Oh..and there is this:
It's my first step towards being just like ZG when I grow up.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 03:59:14 pm »
<snip>

Oh..and there is this:

Quote from: sanmo on March 07, 2015, 02:28:23 pm
It's my first step towards being just like ZG when I grow up.

Gee whiz Marty....you've been saving that one for awhile. Makes a body wonder what else you've been saving.  ???
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:40 pm »
Wait a minute- are you saying that that 'other forum' is a poor value?    :rotflmao:

Then again, this year I lit my woodstove with 37 $1 bills as tinder and no one insulted me so I think I have found a better way to spend $37 myself.  ;)

Brian

<snip>

No forum is perfect for everyone, here I can go back and delete/modify my very first post and I pay nothing, over there my posts have become the property of COG even though I pay dues.

<snip>

DITTO, post some links when you find them.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 05:43:04 pm »
Yeah but have you seen a picture of Jay (ZG)? He is only about 14 himself an I think his wife is 12....

:-)

Brian

Here ya go sanmo:  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Oh..and there is this:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »
You are incorrigible.  (could be the word of the day but it only lasts until midnight)

((of a person or their tendencies) not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed:)
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50:28 am »
You are incorrigible.  (could be the word of the day but it only lasts until midnight)

((of a person or their tendencies) not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed:)

Can we have acerbic be todays word of the day?     ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 07:58:32 am »
I just can't think of any sentence with the word incorrigible in it except this one.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 09:21:04 am »
Maybe something like this: I tried to get my son to do better in school all year long but in the end, he proved to be "non- incorrigible".

Like 'infamy', and example would be "Hey Billy, can you carry these groceries infamy".

Brian

I just can't think of any sentence with the word incorrigible in it except this one.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2015, 06:01:32 am »

Oh..and there is this:

Uh...oh. Methinks I've earned a spot on fm's hit list. Dread the possibility that his weapon of choice is terribly malodorous. :-)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2015, 03:03:33 pm »
You folks are hilarious!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

For those of you that said the kind words thanks so much, that's awesome and very appreciated brutha's n sista's!  :chugbeer:

As for my goodbye thread getting locked without even a warning post on the thread or a pm to me did seem quite odd IMO... I would have thought that my tenure here and all the content I added after the big crash a couple years back would have given me a little more respect than that, but I guess not. Not sure what I did to piss off Jim so bad but I'll take the lock and attitude as a shot across the bow to move on, so I will...  :-\

For anyone intersted, I started a for sale thread over on the COG forum for a bunch of odds and ends I'm selling, link below:

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=63188.0
Take care folks, been nice getting to know you all over the years! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :grouphug: :chugbeer:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:06:02 pm by ZG »