Author Topic: Rear Brake/ABS Pump issue  (Read 36623 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Rear Brake/ABS Pump issue
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2019, 06:45:48 pm »
2008 C14 and had the brakes flushed by dealer last week. Hadn’t done the flush in years and it was desperately needed as front brake failed (no pressure in lever). While riding home from dealer, after complete brake flush front and rear, no ABS. I was able to skid rear tire. Did the same to front tire, much more carefully as I wanted to live to share this story, and no ABS, tire locked up. I called the dealer when I got home and advised them of issue. They asked if warning light was activated on dash, which it wasn’t. They said to ride it for a while and see if it self corrects. I upped my life insurance policy and told the wife to sue K if I drop it. We’ll see how this goes. I’m going to call them back and ask about K replacing ABS pump as mentioned in this post. The brakes do work though, just no ABS feature. Fortunately, I’ve had plenty of time on non ABS bikes.

Firstly...if it was the service manager that told you 'just ride it awhile' this needs to be brought to the franchise owners notice. If you get the same reaction you need to escalate the situation to a Kawasaki regional rep. You were basically told to screw off and that the factory safety equipment wasn't important. This reaction from the dealers is unwarranted and unacceptable.

Secondly...regardless of the outcome, I would be looking for a different dealer. Good luck and stay in touch.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:25:05 pm by gPink »
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2019, 05:51:37 pm »
Been about a week....How's the ABS?     :popcorn:
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline KawaCon08

« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2019, 08:42:29 pm »
I recently had new tires put on my 08 Connie at the local Kawasaki dealership. Rear ABS worked fine until they changed my tire. Went to pick the bike up and had no rear brakes. Of course they diagnosed it as rear ABS failure and quoted me $1500 + labor. After a long battle with the dealership, they agreed to pay half. My OOP was $1100. Had a buddy with the same bike call me with rear ABS failure and his dealership went through Kawasaki to pick up the tab. I called my dealership with the news and they were able to do the same. I have on 08 with 34k miles. Kawasaki picked up the tab and did the right thing. I’m a Kawasaki customer for life.
If you’re experiencing rear ABS failure, I encourage you to have your dealer go through their Kawasaki rep for reimbursement.
Stay safe!

Offline Freddy

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2019, 11:14:33 pm »
  :banana  :chugbeer:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2019, 07:29:53 am »
I recently had new tires put on my 08 Connie at the local Kawasaki dealership. Rear ABS worked fine until they changed my tire. Went to pick the bike up and had no rear brakes. Of course they diagnosed it as rear ABS failure and quoted me $1500 + labor. After a long battle with the dealership, they agreed to pay half. My OOP was $1100. Had a buddy with the same bike call me with rear ABS failure and his dealership went through Kawasaki to pick up the tab. I called my dealership with the news and they were able to do the same. I have on 08 with 34k miles. Kawasaki picked up the tab and did the right thing. I’m a Kawasaki customer for life.
If you’re experiencing rear ABS failure, I encourage you to have your dealer go through their Kawasaki rep for reimbursement.
Stay safe!

I have to ask. How long have you owned the '08? Have you done regular brake flushes on the bike, every two years or so?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn